Var debate 2019/20

With such a small pool of referees, they are probably all mates, and reluctant to criticise each other. Maybe a solution is to extend the pool of VARs, and make them anonymous, so that there can be no repercussions from overturning poor decisions. Or have a completely separate pool of VARs so that they don't even know each other on a professional level. Or even have a panel of two or three neutrals as VARs, with a referee in charge, but with objective input from ex-professionals or even knowledgeable fans.

They are a mafia. They control their media exposure. Whom in turn refuse to question their mode of operations and are more secretive than The Bilderberg group.

Mic them up. Lets the fans in the ground as well as watching on tv hear what they say and make them give post match press conferences after the managers.

More transparency is nothing to be afraid off unless you have something to hide. Such as using VAR to manipulate match outcomes to boost "The product".

Well both decisions can’t be right, so something is definitely wrong.
There is a far simpler explanation, our "goal" was heavily criticised, and they've discussed that criticism, and decided for the good of the game, not to rule out goals that are not seriously affected by the touch of an arm, unlucky for us, but the right thing to do imho.

I suspect obvious penalties will now be discussed at length after further heavy criticism, and some will now be referred (and/or overturned) as a result. The very poor decision to disallow the Villa goal should ensure some further thought, because that should also have been overturned, ie no booking and a goal.

If the ref blew for the dive before that foul, then it can, but can’t do anything about it as the game has already been stopped
He shouldn't be pulling that up either way its not a dive, there is a whistle somewhere, but at no point does a whistle appear to be in the referee's mouth, which is very odd, either way though its a poor decision, and again disallowing a perfectly good goal.

Can the VAR apologists please fcuk off and support the Rags or Dipperpool
If it is used properly and consistently, it will get the decisions right. So no.

I have got a little suspicion that mike riley and the premier league are deliberately misusung VAR to turn fans against it. That way, they can go back to being as bent as they have always been without the safety net of honesty and correctness that a properly-run VAR would bring. Evidence: completely disregarding the VAR laws brought in everywhere else they are using it, in favour of their own little "code".

"Let's randomly fuck it up so no-one wants VAR any more". It has taken them two years to think of this and it appears to me to be a very good plan.

And look, it is working.

There is a far simpler explanation, our "goal" was heavily criticised, and they've discussed that criticism, and decided for the good of the game, not to rule out goals that are not seriously affected by the touch of an arm, unlucky for us, but the right thing to do imho.

I suspect obvious penalties will now be discussed at length after further heavy criticism, and some will now be referred (and/or overturned) as a result. The very poor decision to disallow the Villa goal should ensure some further thought, because that should also have been overturned, ie no booking and a goal.
There is no excuse for their incompetence but surely these fools can't be allowed to arbitrarily change the laws of the game every few weeks because they simply just want to deflect the richly deserved flack coming their way. Var should be binned until they have people competent enough to run it and we can be assured of their complete impartiality.

If it is used properly and consistently, it will get the decisions right. So no.

I have got a little suspicion that mike riley and the premier league are deliberately misusung VAR to turn fans against it. That way, they can go back to being as bent as they have always been without the safety net of honesty and correctness that a properly-run VAR would bring. Evidence: completely disregarding the VAR laws brought in everywhere else they are using it, in favour of their own little "code".

"Let's randomly fuck it up so no-one wants VAR any more". It has taken them two years to think of this and it appears to me to be a very good plan.

And look, it is working.
I’m not sure they’re using it to turn the fans against it in its entirely. By the end of the season I expect that refs will making greater use of it. And when fans then complain about it prolonging the match, they’ll be able to say “but that’s what you wanted”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.