United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every so often in my life I have had a sense of something important, and that I should put a bet on it.
2 standouts are:
seeing Tony Blair as a lowly backbench MP being interviewed about something, and thinking hmmm PM one day
Seeing Netanyahu as a govt spokesman being interviewed during Gulf War I, and also thinking the same.

The most recent one was reading a discussion on BM about the odds on United being relegated.
So... I finally did it, and bet for the 1st time in my life 500-1.

3’s a charm
Well I can remember 1974 vividly and no one in the country believed (some of us hoped) that United could go down until that last day. The same was true when Nottingham Forest won the league and we have seen the modern version with Leicester. I have to say that this United team is the worse I have seen since 1974 and the media are in complete denial about it. Most of their players are just not technically good enough for the top level but coverage is like the Emperor's clothes, especially with frauds like Pogba. I hope your bet comes in.

Well I can remember 1974 vividly and no one in the country believed (some of us hoped) that United could go down until that last day. The same was true when Nottingham Forest won the league and we have seen the modern version with Leicester. I have to say that this United team is the worse I have seen since 1974 and the media are in complete denial about it. Most of their players are just not technically good enough for the top level but coverage is like the Emperor's clothes, especially with frauds like Pogba. I hope your bet comes in.

They were virtually guaranteed to go down on the last day barring a miracle.

No disrespect but just because you view the CL as you do it doesn’t change the fact the CL, PL and FAC would’ve been viewed as a better achievement than our domestic treble.

No disrespect to you but the response was to your assertion that “we” would prefer the chumps league to the LC.

A blue responded that he wouldn’t, putting the lie to your assertion, as neither would I.

You then come back changing the argument from we to some nebulous outside view.

No disrespect to you but the response was to your assertion that “we” would prefer the chumps league to the LC.

A blue responded that he wouldn’t, putting the lie to your assertion, as neither would I.

Whatever you clown. Jog on.

The “we” was the club not someone from Wales.

Before the start of that season, City played at Aberdeen in a pre-season friendly, and we went to the match on the Wednesday night, getting home on Sunday lunch. (long story) just in time for Ye Olde Blue Pig's opening.
Whilst up there, we agreed that we'd not accept our latest signing until he scored at Old Toilet. In due course he was accepted - back. His name: Denis Law!

Correct. Everyone has their own opinion.
I agree with you and the other poster.It's nice to have a personal opinion,lol

During the Pisscans reign they opened up a football academy at Ashton upon Mersey school, a very well run state funded school. During his tenure they also moved from 'The Cliff' to a state of the art training facility at Carrington. 20 years on they are still at both.
We came along and put the Academy into one of the top education facilities in England we also opened 'The Campus' which blows every other clubs facilities in this country out of the water.

In simple terms they are 20 years out of date and show no signs of catching up.

Sir Bacon Face of Piss Can

JS61337832.jpg

Sir pisscan of Govan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.