Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

And everybody delighted to see you fall in the door. Class. You’re a Glaswegian. Proud of you.
Go on a lads raceday to Doncaster races every October. Afterwards the coach driver drops us in Doncaster Town centre then picks us up about 1AM for the drive back. Was in a pub with a couple of mates (in an area similar to Market St in Manchester if you know it). Anyway looking out of the pub window across at the next one we were going to go in, suddenly about half a dozen riot van screeched up, load of cops steamed into the pub, chairs tables fighting spilling out into the street, it was like watching a film.. Load of blokes carted off in the vans, it was all over in 5 minutes.. Locals in the pub we were in said it kicks off in that pub every Saturday night.. We gave it a swerve and found another one...

There’s a town on the outskirts of Glasgow called Possil that is the most depressing place on earth.

Drugged up residents shuffling across the road in their slippers, charity shops interspersed with betting shops and a pub called The Saracens Head that wouldn’t look out of place in a Stephen King novel.

Barnsley I can't say I was up to any good but rough as arseholes kinda place. I was living in Sheffield at the time and was well used to the South Yorkshire folk and loved living there. But Barnsley was like the wild west.

Shirley (Southampton), lived there for five years hated it!!!
Southampton the only place in England where the locals at "perfectly balanced people".... They have chips on both shoulders!!
Next IOW, nice to visit, not to live, where the locals make up your business for you! Very small minded people who dispise main land people coming to live because the jobs over there is theirs and nobody else's
Shirley, Totton and St Mary's were all pretty dodgy areas of the town. I remember being on the IOW one time whensome crew from Southampton had arranged a fight with a Pompey crew. I'd been seeing signs in some of the pub windows saying 'no blue flu' we assumed afterwards it was aimed at the Pompey crew. It kicked off at the harbour with maybe a hundred guys kicking the shit out of each other. Quite amusing as we watched from a pub nearby and watching the police boats coming over from Southampton, the local cops were not able to contain it

Yes. Just been talking about Failsworth Pole with my mate, a real night out back in the 90s. Not the same now unfortunately. I used to go to London professionally myself 2/3 times a week sometimes and used to get the biggest buzz ever getting on the M1 or A1 going home.

Fri and Sat nights in Oldham...Henry Afrikas, Butterflies..and then Failsworth Pole for a Sunday...ending in Leggats! Great night, like you say, nothing like that now

In no particular order:

Middlesbrough
Brighouse
Huddersfield
Dewsbury
Chesterfield
Birmingham
Carlisle
Hull
Crewe
Burnley
Birkenhead
Stoke
Dover
Wrexham
Lincoln
Nottingham
Peterborough
Oldham
Luton
Coventry
Bradford
Parts of Leeds
Parts of London
Bournemouth (Town centre. Poole is nice).
Barnsley (Friendly on the whole, but not much work there. The only place I've seen unemployed fellas walking the kids to school drinking cans of Stella).

Some notable nice or friendly places, albeit with some not so nice parts:

Leamington Spa
Warwick
Stratford-upon-Avon
Cardiff
Chester
Harrogate
Edinburgh
Sunderland
Poole
York (Lively on a Saturday night though, seen riot vans and claret everywhere a few times).

Quite sad that I probably dislike more areas of the country than those that I'm genuinely fond of. Never had major problems in any, as you blend in and take people with a pinch of salt, but there's parts of central and eastern Europe that I've found friendlier and less run down than developed parts of UK.

It was in the St Ann’s area, spent three days doing some engineering surveys around there and felt very unsafe.

Used to do a milk round on St Ann's. Spent nearly every morning break (about 4ish) watching the Police do drug raids.
It's a rough as they come, yet I never had a problem with anyone on the estate.

Went for a night out in Mansfield last night.

Made the mutants from ‘The Hills Have Eyes’ look fucking fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.