United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - but 1 or 2 players can swing it. Take Mo Saleh out of Liverpool and they would just be another club in the top 6 - he got them into CL final then on the back of that they VVD and they won the CL and game 2nd in the PL. That was all down to the 44 goals he scored in his first year. Any top 6 club could be transformed by a player scoring that many goals.
Yeah but Liverpool were willing to fork out a world record fee for a defender to make that extra push to win the title (haha) when they were probably going to get CL anyway. I wonder whether the rags' bosses would have spent £80m on Harry Maguire if they were comfortably qualifying for the CL every year but they wanted to push for the title. Yes Liverpool got lucky with one or two players, but that only happened because they were willing to spend a lot of money on quite a large number of players. Salah might have been a bargain in hindsight, but they had to buy a lot of players and spend a lot of money on the whole squad to get lucky on that one player and build a team to get the best out of him.

Having said that, a lot's changed since the days of Arsenal's constant 4th place finishes. For a start, there's a lot more competition from teams willing to spend a lot of money, and also the Premier League deal is worth so much that the Champions League is relatively less important financially now. Sure it's better to qualify than not, but failing to qualify one or two years isn't the disaster it used to be.

Look at what we have as seen in the Prime Documentary, ice chambers and other state of the art facilities, they have get 2 pitches and a coke machine.

They have about 16 pitches to be fair. It just the buildings that are shite. Like a council sports hall.

They could have just said it was done in training if they were looking for an easy option.
Wasn't it quite visible after a half-time or full-time team team talk though? People would have noticed that he didn't have it in the match but it suddenly appeared as he was getting on the coach.

Every time things go wrong for a manager, we see posters saying I hope the rags don’t sack him, as they might appoint someone who is actually competent, or words to that effect.

So far, in four attempts, post-pisscan, they have failed miserably, though TT did seem to be on the right track, but because he didn’t get the rabble into the Champions' League places, he too was given the bullet, despite winning the Cup (with a little help from (Clattenbent).

What I’m trying to say is that there is nothing to suggest that they will get it right in the foreseeable future.
Yeah, it's worth mentioning that as much as we like to slag off Mourinho, the rags are the first team he's ever managed and failed to win the title. There's got to be a reason for that.

I think I noticed you working there
z4Ci0f.gif
I hope he stops digging soon otherwise he'll be popping up in my garden in New Zealand

It can't be shirt sponsors as both are contracted to Adidas.

I think when United bought Pogba for a knock down £89m - they had to buy his image rights on top of his minor fee - separately (circa £36m) from his agent. I suspect United have done a long term deal with a sponsor to cover Pogba’s long term image rights - and unravelling him from the sponsorship package is probably a complex legal process that couldn’t be undertaken at short notice - hence and move to Madrid or elsewhere will be a lengthy negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.