Shakhtar

I’m thinking of going , if anyone who has been in the last 2 years can remember where to stay or drink and how to get there please post or PM me , especially if there’s a bar that city fans are likely to meet up in. Anyone here remember how many went last year and the year before?
Go, you'll really enjoy it.

I went the first time with my lad, we flew to Kiev (BA from Heathrow), then stayed overnight, plenty of hotel options - all cheap (unless its a CL final night).

We got the train (1st class) next day to Kharkiv (5 or so hours, but interesting journey) where we stayed 2 nights at a superb hotel with great food and staff http://hotel19.ua/. We then got the train back to Kiev for another night, and same flight home. You can book the train online and print the tickets before departure.

We had a great time and spent next to nothing, both Cities are great, if you do a bit of research as to where to go, and if you like wine, try the local stuff, its very good, and they don't let very much escape from Ukraine as a result.

It was a bid moody around the stadium, but hide your colours, and you shouldn't have an issue, we just got a taxi straight back to the hotel as by the time we got out of the stadium it was nearly midnight.

The locals (Metalist Kharkiv fans - who's club went bump) are the ones to avoid, most Shaktar fans seemed to be a bit touristy/plastic.

Always call in the Premier Inn next to the Petrol Station North Terminal. £3.80 a pint and you can sit outside if it's not that cold.

We went the season before last. We flew to Rzoszow in Poland, had 2 nights there ... A (very) short flight to Warsaw, then direct to Kharkiv, 2 nights there ... Flew back via Istanbul, where we stayed for 3 nights ... Poss the best City away trip ever - admittedly it was in December, so off peak etc ... All flights & quality hotels cost us a shade under £400 for the 2 of us for 7 nights. Kharkiv was incredibly cheap, great hotel at a great price. The journey to the ground was a doddle ... A 5 min journey on the underground. Unfortunately the underground shuts before the match ended, so had to rely on getting a taxi back into town ... I don't think we've ever been searched so many times getting into a ground - must have been 8 times in 30 yards ... Well worth the effort though !!

We’ll be mates with some of these Shakhtar fans/Kharkiv locals come the end of the group stage, we’ve played them so much.

They’ll be coming on here renting their spare rooms out for us next season when we get them again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.