Shakhtar

We went and drank here all day

Cheap enough beer and the steak was some of the best I’ve ever eaten at silly cheap prices

https://m.facebook.com/yankeekh/

We did the TC day trip but I think best way is fly to Kiev then either train or fly. If there is enough if you then a taxi costs about £100 from Kiev to Kharkiv but takes about 5 hours

Christ that’s a cheap taxi!!

Pretty much everything in Ukraine is cheap.

With taxi's though be very aware of "fakes" around the airports/train stations, they're not licensed, and so not insured.

To be fair that sounds like Trafford, I am sure half the taxi drivers do not have a licence and therefore not insured !!

With taxi's though be very aware of "fakes" around the airports/train stations, they're not licensed, and so not insured.

I only took about £45 and still had change after eating and drinking like a king. I really enjoyed it....just doesn’t wear any stone island as a few found out your badge/sleeve will be gone

As you come out of the Airport walk in a straight line across the car park you'll see a bus stop. There you can catch a trolley bus into the city. Cost about 10p.

It wasn't from the airport we ended up in a fake taxi, complete with sign, it was at Kiev railway station.
First time I was there we got a taxi from the station and he jumped a red light and we got smashed into by a large 4x4. Covered in glass from the windows going through we managed to climb out of the other side and prise the boot open to get our bags out. Cheeky bastard wanted paying too!

I’m thinking of going , if anyone who has been in the last 2 years can remember where to stay or drink and how to get there please post or PM me , especially if there’s a bar that city fans are likely to meet up in. Anyone here remember how many went last year and the year before?
The first year I reckon there were about 7-800, last year probably only a few hundred, most of these came on Tommy. This year, probably less. First year there was a good crack in the Kefir pub, not much going on there last year, but Red Door was good. That's where I'll be going, good selection of craft beers and nice pizza. There's three Irish pubs (of course!), the two "Patrick" versions are allegedly open 24 hours so good for after the game, I used one last year. Check places out on www.kharkovinfo.com. Note though that places can be hard to find due to the Cyrillic script, I suggest you check out places on Google maps / street view beforehand. I'm flying via Kiev, as someone has already said you can get a bus from the airport into town for almost nothing (Trolley-bus No.5) but note that it only goes just past the river, not into the centre (about a 10-15 minute walk). There's probably other more expensive(!) standard buses from the airport to the centre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.