Jack Rodwell

Rodwell always came across well during interviews to me, I suspect the perception some have that he wasn’t up for playing for Sunderland is wide of the mark, as for him collecting his large salary, good luck to him, I’ve been stealing a living at work for years :-))

The Pope?

It is fact his hamstrings were really affected by the way his body grew,he tried everything when he was with us to help himself,what he ate,how he was driving,yoga etc,maybe he just got really down at sunderland when he continued to be injured,he might have got depressed,i know he had relationship probs with is long term girlfriend/wife,we are too quick to slate young footballers and say they have a bad attitude when we don't know the story.It is also fact that the contracts they get are agreed by both parties and all this he should forfeit money and walk away from millions owed is ridiculous

They won’t get any sympathy because of the money they earn/collect. However, the frustration of an injury-wrecked career must be pretty excruciating. You sit on the treatment table or bench for your allotted years watching it bleed away.

Do you remember Rodwell being praised by Khaldoon in the end of season interview after the two goals against Norwich? Quite bizarre.

He looked very promising young player. I was pretty happy when we got him from Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.