Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you attempting to make things ‘personal’ whilst I’m trying to be objective?
Is that the modern way? To making everything about yourself so that you can speak from ‘experience/need’.
Perhaps going out into the world might help you broaden your horizons and to see the world from a wider perspective.
Well if you weren’t being personal before you are now.

Were you ignorant or not when you made you ‘De Gay’ comment about a current Manchester United goalkeeper?
People, stones, glass houses etc........
So you have just trailed through months and months of my previous posts and managed to find an rag comment made in the heat of piss taking moment that fits your argument, well done, I am ignorant.

I hope Mendy quashes this being of racist overtures of which it isn't and supports his teammate. Private joke between mates.

main_comp__1.gif

Jesus are we still talking about this. It wasn't bloody racist, its not close to being racist. there was a similarity in Mendys childhood picture to the cartoon. Just as there is a similarity between KDB and tin tin, another cartoon, but i don't see anyone being offended on Kevins behalf. can we move on from this PC clap trap now?

Too sensitive,

It’s definitely the snowflake brigade that even contemplate racist connotations. Bernie is good mates with Mendy, both are great characters and the crux is would Bernie cause any harm to anyone? I doubt it, he’s a lovely fella who’s never been linked to any scandal, ffs, it’s a storm in a huge tea cup.

It is. Shame that allegedly hacking into another team’s computers doesn’t generate the same response from the press or FA.

Sure, but this is a different ballgame, they still throw bananas and make monkey sounds at black players in Spain.
I agree that EDUCATION is a good thing, and that the “culture of football” is global in nature, and that everyone has to be mindful of what they say, do and post on social media.

Personally, if I was a player, I wouldn’t have ANY social media accounts. I’d be making millions from football and a few endorsements and I would leave the baying hounds in the echo chamber to themselves.

Clearly, Bernardo and Mendy have a long, strong, cordial relationship. Whether that should include what are deemed racist tropes, even if done out of ignorance of same, is a good point of discussion. I’m sure by now Bernardo is mortified, and it would be very good for him if Mendy came out with some message of support to help quell some of the groundswell of faux outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.