Anderlecht Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small note with that game.
We missed Kompany, Lokonga and Roofe. The best player in every part of the pitch.
Gerkens, Cobbaut and Trebel should never play in this team. But injuries didn't help the development of the team.
Belgian press and analysts are enjoying this just a little bit too much. A person like Kompany deserves much more respect.
The next 4 games will decide which season this will be. With first a cup game, and an easier schedule in the league.
If we lose a couple of those, Playoff 1 will be out of range, but maybe that will be a blessing, because the pressure is crazy right now on this young roster.

Excuse any ignorance on my part here, Belgian football gets zero coverage over here, So you play a 30 game season, top 6 go into a 10 game continuation type thing with points from the 10 games and half point from the previous 30 and winner is the champion (Think I've got that bit right) But where does the UEFA Playoff for teams finishing 7-15 and some from 2nd division come into things? Could a team finish 15th and then qualify for Europe if they have a great\fluke run in end of season playoffs?

Yes they can, and that might me our best chance to get into the europa league, playoff 2 or the cup.

Nr 7 to 15 and the 3 best teams from the second division are devided into 2 groups. After 10 games the 2 leaders of each group play against each other. The winner of that confrontation then plays against the nr 4 of the Playoff 1 competition. The winner of that duel goes to Europe.

Yes they can, and that might me our best chance to get into the europa league, playoff 2 or the cup.

Nr 7 to 15 and the 3 best teams from the second division are devided into 2 groups. After 10 games the 2 leaders of each group play against each other. The winner of that confrontation then plays against the nr 4 of the Playoff 1 competition. The winner of that duel goes to Europe.

fuck me, makes the Nations League seem comprehensible.

Surely he must be thinking on knocking the playing side on the head now so that he can focus solely on his managerial career?

Fk me and there's me calling the yanks for years,for calling it soccer.

He needs to get on with his coaching badges to become a pure manager/coach, I'm surprised that with all his "time off" at City through injury that he hasn't completed all he needed to.

I'm not sure he was planning to be a manager until recently. He used to talk about going into the boardroom more than coaching and probably thought he'd take a route like Vieira who spent 2 years behind the scenes, 2 years as EDS coach and then made his attempt at coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.