Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads and lasses, can we stop with the false equivalence.

I'm not offended, I'm not a snowflake but I can understand that people find imagery that was historically used to demean a race offensive.

Bernardo was naive, that's all, he should apologise to anyone who took offence and move on.

Last thing, if the FA ignore the context and ban him for this they are a shower of ****s.

Fucking wow. Why would wherever I live mean that I live in a glass house for having an opinion on a fucking tweet. Why would wherever I live mean I can’t have an opinion on anything?

And yes, I stand by what I said about people living trouble free lives if they have the time and inclination to get offended and worked up by what is a harmless fucking tweet, misjudged as it may be. And fwiw, having a decent career or being financially comfortable doesn’t shield anyone from the realities of life and death or seriously ill family members. But way to go playing the man rather than the ball. Enjoy your pm’s from the silent masses, not sure why you felt the need to let everyone know how much apparently secret support you’re receiving.
they get like that when they think they are losing, look at that cock claiming to have jumped into a brawl to save a black lad from drunken men on a tram

Lads and lasses, can we stop with the false equivalence.

I'm not offended, I'm not a snowflake but I can understand that people find imagery that was historically used to demean a race offensive.

Bernardo was naive, that's all, he should apologise to anyone who took offence and move on.

Last thing, if the FA ignore the context and ban him for this they are a shower of ****s.

Looking at previous incidents, there's no chance he gets banned. £5000 fine* and getting a talking to from Kick it Out is as far is it'll go.

Last edited:
Looking at previous incidents, there's no chance he gets banned. £5000 ban and getting a talking to from Kick it Out is as far is it'll go.

Hope you're right, I do think anything other than a 'talking to' is harsh though, context is everything.

Looking at previous incidents, there's no chance he gets banned. £5000 ban and getting a talking to from Kick it Out is as far is it'll go.
The issue isn’t a fine or a ban. The issue is the attack on the man’s character, and the undeserved slur that a fine would bring. We can work round any undeserved ban, the undeserved damage to a reputation is a bigger issue

I see Michael Gove has just compared Boris Johnson to Pep Guardiola, which may not be racist but is surely actionable?

The issue isn’t a fine or a ban. The issue is the attack on the man’s character, and the undeserved slur that a fine would bring

Well he likened his black teammate to a cartoon people think is racist. It's not an attack on his character, it's an attack on a joke he made. Even people heavily criticising Bernardo have not called him racist, they've said he made a racist joke.

Whether he gets a fine or not, it's been news for 3 days now and people will make their mind up about the incident.

Well he likened his black teammate to a cartoon people think is racist. It's not an attack on his character, it's an attack on a joke he made. Even people heavily criticising Bernardo have not called him racist, they've said he made a racist joke.

Whether he gets a fine or not, it's been news for 3 days now and people will make their mind up about the incident.
But he didn’t make a racist joke, he made a joke about similarity, naive but not racist. Also I don’t see how someone making a racist joke isn’t racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.