Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep was right.

A young Mendy does bear resemblance to the cartoon character, in the same way that a young KDB bears resemblance to the milkybar kid.

The cartoon character/milkybar kid might resemble a black stereotype/nordic stereotype but that doesn't change the fact they look similar.

Yup defending oneself is an absolute no no

There are more diplomatic ways to defend oneself. Pep could have simply said that he appreciates that some people may find this offensive but he can assure that the last thing a person like Bernardo would want to do is offend anyone.

The picture itself is racist. We all make some nasty jokes among friends but if u post that on twitter, it's dangerous.

Ban is coming 100%
Just out of interest - which bit is racist? It can’t be the cartoon character because - like it or not - it exists in Southern Europe and isn’t banned? So is the racist bit that he has compared somebody to it? In which case what is racist about that? I have two mates who are called Dan and the Sheriff. One because he looks like Desparate Dan and the other because he looks like the Sheriff of Nottingham from the Disney film. So we are comparing people to a comic Wild West figure and to a huge bear. There is probably some racism in there but I am not sure where. In reality Silva is guilty only of misunderstanding the zero tolerance which if anything goes too far the other way now with understandable intentions

Pep was right.

A young Mendy does bear resemblance to the cartoon character, in the same way that a young KDB bears resemblance to the milkybar kid.

The cartoon character/milkybar kid might resemble a black stereotype/nordic stereotype but that doesn't change the fact they look similar.

If the milky bar kid was seen as a racist and offensive cartoon then the two scenarios would be the same.

Ive heard there may be a 6 game ban so checked to see what John Terry got for calling Anton Ferdinand what he did, 4 games.

Are black people not allowed to look like someone?

Ive reffered to Anthony Martial as "Eddie Murphy" on here many times,nobody said fuck all to me.
Im not being racist towards Martial,i just think some of the faces he pulls makes him look like Murphy.
Is it racist?......i dont know what isn't these days.

And while we're at it, you were on here yesterday claiming that people who have taken an issue with this tweet must have such lovely trouble free lives. Aren't you a wealthy immigrant living in Dubai or elsewhere in the UAE with 70k+ posts on a football forum? Correct me if I'm wrong and also don't misunderstand me; I'm sure that comes with its own problems and I don't mean it as a personal dig. However, if that is the case then on the surface that's a pretty enviable life but, more importantly, yet another example on this thread of people living in glass houses and throwing stones.
Fucking wow. Why would wherever I live mean that I live in a glass house for having an opinion on a fucking tweet. Why would wherever I live mean I can’t have an opinion on anything?

And yes, I stand by what I said about people living trouble free lives if they have the time and inclination to get offended and worked up by what is a harmless fucking tweet, misjudged as it may be. And fwiw, having a decent career or being financially comfortable doesn’t shield anyone from the realities of life and death or seriously ill family members. But way to go playing the man rather than the ball. Enjoy your pm’s from the silent masses, not sure why you felt the need to let everyone know how much apparently secret support you’re receiving.

I utterly abhor racism, and IF Bernardo was racist I wouldn’t want him at City, but he isn’t in the slightest bit racist. Anyone who watched the Amazon documentary couldn’t have the slightest doubt that Bernardo was anything other than a splendid guy, as nice as nice can be.

If the pic had been of a white baby with a deemed similarity to a white player, would that have been racist? No of course it wouldn’t, so isn’t this whole issue of treating black people differently racist in itself by basically saying that black people are different (which is untrue).

This smacks to me of being due to the club Bernardo plays for. If ANYONE took the trouble to research the man’s character they would be in NO doubt as to his decency to all human beings.

This has now become a blue on blue racist debate and should be moved off the main forum as it is no longer a football related thread : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.