Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A true story.

Not going to name the branch.

There's a Female member of the branch who goes everywhere to follow City. She has to take a Dog with her. Don't know why. The dog is brilliant. Falls asleep on the coach. No trouble whatsoever.

Went to Everton. No problems with Everton fans. Even after the game.

On the way back to Manchester on the coach, we were talking about how good the Everton fans were that night, and are in general, bar the odd bit of banter in the ground.

Then the Female member said.....

Last season when I went to Liverpool away, I got loads of abuse, because my Dog had a City coat on. (and still has)

There you go.

A true story.

Not going to name the branch.

There's a Female member of the branch who goes everywhere to follow City. She has to take a Dog with her. Don't know why. The dog is brilliant. Falls asleep on the coach. No trouble whatsoever.

Went to Everton. No problems with Everton fans. Even after the game.

On the way back to Manchester on the coach, we were talking about how good the Everton fans were that night, and are in general, bar the odd bit of banter in the ground.

Then the Female member said.....

Last season when I went to Liverpool away, I got loads of abuse, because my Dog had a City coat on. (and still has)

There you go.
Bit wuff that. And to think they sing "you'll never walkies alone" tbf we never winalot there.

You still spending the Coutinho money? that stretched well,why does it matter how rich our OWNER is? we don't pay the highest salaries,we have a strict structure heavily weighted to performance,we don't break the structure for anyone

Eh? We spent the Coutinho money on two players - VVD & Allison.
I don’t think you’re getting what I’m on about here. Nobody is criticising your wage structure or anything like it. And the wealth of the club, like it or not, gives it extra prominence in the game. Again, this isn’t a criticism - it’s a fact and something that any elite club, most of whom are fabulously rich, us included have to deal with. Clubs like that don’t have to sell their players based on pure sporting logic. However it’s business models that drive clubs and so players can be poached from big clubs with the right offer. But seemingly bucking the trend are City who refused to pay over the odds for Sanchez and not throwing £300/400k at players like United.
I’m a big fan of the way your lot do it, I wish we would do the same. By that I mean, hold on to our top players for as long as we can rather than selling them when they’re ripe. It’s what we used to do, worked out pretty good for us as well.

Okay, we can agree to disagree, that’s fair enough. I’ve my own reasons and experience with this but as I’ve done since I’ve been here, I’ve tried to keep to footy. It’s been others that have harped on about Standard Chartered and accused me of going on about oil money as some devil thing. The fact was that Sheikh Mansour turning up at your place was as pivotal as Shankly turning up for us. A comparison agreed on by another City poster.
I know you think I’m here on a wind up, but just here to talk footy. That’s all.
No i will not agree to disagree,our owner has no human rights issues against him,if you think he has then prove it,like the others you are not here too talk football,it's all human rights,oil and how rich we are,it's a pathetic thing to spend your time doing

We don't pay the most in wages.
We don't inflate the transfer market buying players because many premier league clubs have spent more on individual players INCLUDING Liverpool (But that's ethical spending right?)
And now "It's only certain clubs that can go for our players" I am waiting for Watford to make a bid for Mane or Salah and for those players and Liverpool to be open to that move.

It's a non argument based on jealousy and spite from a club who bought success and wanted to bring up the drawbridge.

Show me where I have said once that City pay the most wages? Not once been said and the absolute opposite of the point I’ve made. But crack on anyway.

No i will not agree to disagree,our owner has no human rights issues against him,if you think he has then prove it,like the others you are not here too talk football,it's all human rights,oil and how rich we are,it's a pathetic thing to spend your time doing

Karen, as I’ve said, I’m here to talk about football. The other issues at hand here when put under scrutiny aren’t for this type of forum in my opinion. I will happily spend the rest of the time here not talking about oil, human rights or whatever - not once have I brought it up. Every time has been in response to the point being brought up by another poster. Read my posts, they’re about footy and only footy. In fact, I’ve ignored a few posts who only wanted to argue about stuff like that. No interest for me there.

Karen, as I’ve said, I’m here to talk about football. The other issues at hand here when put under scrutiny aren’t for this type of forum in my opinion. I will happily spend the rest of the time here not talking about oil, human rights or whatever - not once have I brought it up. Every time has been in response to the point being brought up by another poster. Read my posts, they’re about footy and only footy. In fact, I’ve ignored a few posts who only wanted to argue about stuff like that. No interest for me there.
You allude to human rights but you can't prove it so you move away when challenged,the last 2 pages you are talking about how rich we are,put up or shut up

Our owner has no human rights offences attatched to him but you and your mates keep implying he has
Abu Dhabi is not even in the worst 50 countries for human rights abuses according to the Observer Human Rights index. It is well below the USA, China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and most African states. The UK has frequently been accused of human rights abuses and we are one of the world's biggest arms suppliers, not least to the war in Yemen. No one is suggesting there are NO abuses in Abu Dhabi but it is regarded as one of the most liberal regimes in the Middle East. What about some fairness and balance in the way these issues are reported? If you follow the logic of our critics then John W Henry is responsible for everything Trump is doing (though he is apparently a friend of Trump's)

Abu Dhabi is not even in the worst 50 countries for human rights abuses according to the Observer Human Rights index. It is well below the USA, China, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and most African states. The UK has frequently been accused of human rights abuses and we are one of the world's biggest arms suppliers, not least to the war in Yemen. No one is suggesting there are NO abuses in Abu Dhabi but it is regarded as one of the most liberal regimes in the Middle East. What about some fairness and balance in the way these issues are reported? If you follow the logic of our critics then John W Henry is responsible for everything Trump is doing (though he is apparently a friend of Trump's)
Human rights is an easy thing to throw in our owners direction,they won't have it we are owned by one man and not the state,the country,whatever else they like to think,casual racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.