Wolves (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this being a tricky one. Pep will go with Gundo+David in midfield and Ota+Fern at the back despite stating several times that the 30+ players can't play 3 games in a week.

If Wolves have enough pace and tempo to their game I can see them getting something.
Yes their wins in the league this season is frightening

Ederson
Walker
Ota
Mendy
Fernandinho
Rodri
Sterling
Mahrez
Jesus
Foden
Gundogan

City 2 Wolves 0

Pep Guardiola: “This team needs to win titles. The process for the young players needs time and the best way is step by step. The demand from the club [is] not winning the Champions League but being there every time, and for that needs the [senior] players we have..."

“When they are talented, they play. At the same time, we have to compete every day to fight with the best in England and Europe. For that we need the Silvas, De Bruynes, Agüeros and Fernandinhos. If the basis of the team is young, it is not possible.”

“Against Everton we were lucky, Ederson saved two or three clear chances. We are not built specifically for [defending] and we have to learn better. But in general I’m so satisfied. Not just this season – we concede few goals, chances..."

"And for a team with this incredible amount of talented players – [though] not defensively talented players – the way they fight for each other allows us to concede few chances.”

Pep Guardiola on @PhilFoden: "Everyone knows exactly what my opinion of Phil Foden is. He will play a lot this season and the next seasons.”“I don’t want to comment on the opinions of my colleague about Phil. Of course, he has many things to learn - but a guy of 30 also has a few things to learn. He has the skills but there are things he can improve and that is why we want to help him."

Pep Guardiola on the title race: “It's too early. There is one team above others, Liverpool, then another, us. I don't know how big the gap is for Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester and the other ones. It's not too big and there are only seven games gone..."

“Liverpool is a little bit of a faster horse than the other ones but it is too early for me. It is too early to say whether it will be for one, two or three teams.”

Pep Guardiola on #LFC lead: “They have tough fixtures, so do we. I’m not concerned. If they are winning in this run, I will congratulate them... We are in October; it [Premier League] finishes in May. There are a lot of different situations to handle. Not a concern.”

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy
Rodri
Gundogan
David Silva
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.