Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Well I am not scapegoating Gundo but blaming Pep for ignoring one of our very best players foe Gundo. If I had said Gundo made wrong passes, or didn't press well etc etc, I'd be scapegoating him.

My submission comes from having seen Bernardo and Gundogan play multiple games and this puzzle (why Gundo is picked by Pep far too much than seems necessary) is shared by so mamy genuine City fans. Shall we pretend that these fans know nothing because Lord Pep says it should be this way?

All I'm saying is give yourself the best opportunity to win. Players will make mistakes, your better players will mess up (e.g. Aguero, Sterling, etc) but please can you give yourself the best chance to win and let the rest work itself out?

I mean you are indicating that if Gundogan were to be replaced by Bernardo we would have had a higher chance of winning. Which by definition is scapegoating Gundogan. You could have selected 8 other players on the pitch to pick on, so from your OP it sounded like Gundogan was the primary reason for not winning today.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but todays collective performance was abysmal and in my opinion there are two players on this planet who would have made a difference. One of them is injured while the other plays in Barcelona tonight.

Total and utter fucking shite. But could have been different had Silva's free kick been a couple of inches lower.
For the happy-clappies - We created three brilliant chances in the first half. I admit we created them for Wolves, but we created them so that must be good.
And Cancelo showed his versatility; he could pass to Wolves players from left back and right back.
In summary: utter crap. Couldn't even blame the ridiculous Craig Pawson.

Can’t even say it wasn’t thoroughly deserved, if anything the score line could have been more favourable to them and that’s without them even being particularly good. And the worst thing about it was it was entirely predictable pre-match.

That midfield trio simply does not work. there’s zero energy, tempo or movement off the ball and as a result you get slow ponderous football with no end product because everybody wants to be on the ball doing the same thing leaving nobody to actually pass to in a threatening position.

Rodri gundogan and silva are the 3 controllers in the midfield, they come deeper to pick the ball up, link play and generally play with everything infront of them. Fernandinho, kdb bernardo and Foden are the ones that bring the movement and energy into the side, they play more on the half turn and will get into more advanced and more dangerous positions, you need a mix of the two for us to play well. playing two from the first group is a risk unless you’ve got exceptional movement on the outside i.e sterling and Sane, but playing 3 is asking for trouble. We’ve had warning signs over it before and it doesn’t take a David Moyes to see it so it’s a complete mystery to me why Pep continues with it.

Then We’ve got two right footers on the left flank and a left footer on the right which condenses the pitch significantly, combine that with a midfield with no energy and movement and It suddenly becomes an easy training exercise for their defence with the only legitimate threat coming from crosses and when it’s Aguero vs 3 giant cb’s with nothing but poor floated balls to deal with its slippers time for them.

The defence has been decimated by injuries and a horrendous lack of foresight in the summer, you can make legitimate excuses for how bad they are, you can’t say the same for our attack though and it’s the attack that failed just as much if not more than the defence today.

As for the defence, The less said about otamendi the better. you knew before it happened he was going to dive in, miss everything and leave us exposed because we’ve seen it countless times before, he’s a liability and he never learns. all he had to do was show the defender outside and stay with him, it’s the most basic art of defending and he’s utterly incapable of doing it, he’s genuinely one of the worst 1v1 defenders in the entire league and we expect our defenders to excel in that area.

The worrying thing is, this isn’t a one-off bad day at the office scenario, we’ve got Stones to add to this and that’s it, we’re stuck with it until January at the very least and starting from November onwards we’ve got a vastly more difficult set of fixtures than we’ve had so far this season. The first ten games were where we was supposed to be building a nice cushion at the top of the league ahead of a nasty looking winter period.

Wonder how many of those people insisting we didn’t need a cb in the summer would still stand by that ridiculous comment.

so mathematically we can still win the prem, and the last I heard we're still in the CL and winning games, so I'm not giving up on us yet. I don't give a shit if you take me serious or not, I try not give petulant children attention as it makes them worse. You dont deserve this team, manager or club.
Never said we are out of the race but carry on if you think that my expression of basic things the manager did wrong today is crying.

Argue with a lot of true City fans who think that Gundo doesn't give us enough quality in defense or offence to warrant the amount of starts he gets from Pep. This continues to be a puzzling issue in the minds of many well meaning fans and there is good reason for it.

Argue with the many City fans who cannot understand why Bernie cannot get a game in CM having watched him play there so many times. You must think these people are daft but I'll put it to you that you need to learn to do more than sycophancy for your fanship is given the credence you think it deserves.

Maybe pep should consider putting some youth in the team for games now and again foden,Garcia even harwood-bellis,look at Chelsea with the sprinkling of youth they have and it actually rubs off on the senior players with that sort of youthful energy they bring to the game,yes Chelsea have had inconsistent results but they may have turned a corner now regards that ...

Playing Rodri - Silva - Gundogan the slowest midfield possible vs a team who defend so deep, what a shock that didn't work eh. Put Bernardo back in the middle and get Otamendi out that team

can someone tell me why we didn't get a centre back in the summer, we had four last season, our first choice pair - Kompany and Laporte, one of those left and we didn't replace, of the other three, Stones has been injury prone (still is), talk was Otamendi was leaving, it was criminal that we didn't strengthen. The injuries since have compounded that cock-up and now we are suffering more by moving players out of position to fill gaps.

Big mistake. That and a left back because anyone thinking Mendy can stay fit for longer than 3 games needs examining

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.