Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

At least there's one good thing that's come out of today's non-performance.

We definitely cannot play a midfield three of Gundogan / Merlin and Rodri, all three combined have proven ineffective against packed defences (see Norwich and Wolves), they are too immobile, slow in transition, lack forward movement and play too many safe sideways passes, usually relying on Merlin to do all the magic by himself.

Hopefully Pep will realise this and act accordingly in future games.

I would hope so yes, but today clearly not. Our subs were strange, our starrting 11 instantly made me think the worst but all that said wolves had to perform and they did exactly that.

It wasn’t that strategically great. Keep
It tight. Norwich beat us and they had a great game yesterday

Too many injuries even for our squad to cover. The defence needs fern back in midfield. The break will do us good.

We always do but people believe he is the problem
He is the problem. Silva that is.

We have changed our shape to accommodate him. We have pushed him to the head of the diamond playing off Sergio.
If he continues to play there for the rest of the season he will get what , maybe 3 goals. Not sure we have too many other options at this time but
I am baffled by his stubbornness with Foden and we will all be letting the manager know this shortly.

If there is anything city about being city we will make a poor defence of the title and win the champs league. I have been convinced that is our priority this season, but defensively we will need recruitment.

to be fair i kinda agree with what your saying, however

"we persist with people who have failed us for years" - these same players did win the treble last year and the league two years in a row. is that really failing
It was basically aimed at Otamendi - the centurion season was amazing from him, but the rest of the time he's been a waste of space.

If there is anything city about being city we will make a poor defence of the title and win the champs league. I have been convinced that is our priority this season, but defensively we will need recruitment.
Do you really think we can win the Champions League with this defence? come on. What will happen when Barcelona Paris or Bayern will come to the city of Manchester?

At least there's one good thing that's come out of today's non-performance.

We definitely cannot play a midfield three of Gundogan / Merlin and Rodri, all three combined have proven ineffective against packed defences (see Norwich and Wolves), they are too immobile, slow in transition, lack forward movement and play too many safe sideways passes, usually relying on Merlin to do all the magic by himself.

Hopefully Pep will realise this and act accordingly in future games.
Don't bet on it being any different against Palace, everything crossed Kev is back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.