Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Too many floated crosses today, no one running in behind, movement in general was pretty poor, didn’t seem to get to grips with their two up top, almost seemed like we just thought we had the Devine right to pass across the back and didn’t expect any pressure. Still along way to go though, but probably need to win at anfield now!

wanting/demanding we sign players and ditch players, as we as fans feel entitled to, occurs at every club.
The difference with City is our "supposed" unlimited wealth, which to some makes it just a matter of signing cheques; hence the large number of posts slamming the club for not stock-piling/replacing certain players.
The difficulty is, some players have no natural replacements, and even if there were, the complications multiply when existing contracts are taken into account, families, international commitments, visas, and probably the most troublesome, is the role of agents and their demands and influence. I am as guilty as any, wanting a pair of world class full-backs for years, but can't actually identify them, let alone what the strings might be. Plenty of skeleton's in our transfer locker, from Big Bob and Ralph Milne to Rocky SC, as well as the gems like Vinnie, Kun and the Silvas and Tony Book, just shows how much of a gamble it can be. Timing has to be right, not signing that fella from Celtic seemed poor judgement to me at the time, but Vinnie was in his prime , so fair enough. Anyway, will not be watching MoTD tonight for sure...

Pep Guardiola on #MCIWOL: "We started good, we wanted to be patient because we know how good they defend. We let them run twice, got nervous and our process to create chances was not good. We had the problems on the counter-attack in the end and it was a bad day..."

“They defend. They play long balls, they then go on the counter. It is a physical team, strong so know how good they are. We know their qualities and knew how they score. We were not organised, lost balls in positions we could not lose them in..."

“We had two chances, one onto the crossbar and with Bernardo Silva. They did really well. We are going to come back again to try.”

IlkayGuendogan: "When you are in front and top of the table, it feels great to look at it. Now it is tougher to look at it, there is quite a gap already and none of us are watching the table now..."

"We will get opportunities in the upcoming months but at the moment it is something we have to accept and live with."

"It was very difficult to play. When you are not able to score the first goal, maybe we get nervous and don't 100% feel the confidence is there and we have to be patient. The challenge now is to learn from that." [via @BBCSport]

After a few pints and a visit to a lovely autumn festival with the missus and some mates (that aren’t the least bit interested in football)...

I am still preoccupied by that absolutely woeful performance.

Maybe some whiskey will put it out of my mind.

I'm sure most on here / City supporters generally know we have no divine right to win anything so if we can't overtake Liverpool by the end of the season we would have to accept that we haven't been good enough. It doesn't look great currently but there is a long time to go yet.

For me, things haven't felt quite right this season and it's hard to say what exactly is causing it. Has Pep lost his spark (he seems very detached), have the players eased off after two mentally and physically draining seasons or what?

In a much more competitive era maybe one team dominating season after season isn't feasible?

Last edited:
This wont go down well with the happy clappers but we are not winning the title this year. If we get beat by the likes of norwich, who frankly are shit, and wolves, who arnt much better. All you have to do against us is defend in numbers and then break to a one on one with the keeper. That was appalling. And in dont even know what the answer is!
Wolves are hardly terrible. On their day we all know they can give anyone trouble.

I'm sure most on here / City supporters generally know we have no devine right to win anything so if we can't overtake Liverpool by the end of the season we would have to accept that we haven't been good enough. It doesn't look great currently but there is a long time to go yet.

For me, things haven't felt quite right this season and it's hard to say what exactly is causing it. Has Pep lost his spark (he seems very detached), have the players eased off after two mentally and physically draining seasons or what?

In a much more competitive era maybe one team dominating season after season isn't feasible?
Intensity impossible for 3 seasons imo,motivation when you have sweeped up domesticly(sp)coupled with a desimated defence and no vinny i think it's the perfect storm,i don't think we should be beating them up like we have been this evening

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.