Knees as you age

Like the fucking tin man in the morning these days. Takes me ten minutes to get any flexibility.

Glug cod liver oil it helps 25 years of hoofing a mud ball around Hough End.
Have a few mates that swear by CBD oil... say it really helps them in the mornings. Tried it myself but didn’t really feel any different.
So now use 100% THC oil....my knees have really improved because I now fly everywhere:)))

I am, like Mrs Onuha, riddled with arthritis. Knees a mess. Then the back went. But, mirabile dictu, my doc recommended drug combo, and it works! Take 1 naproxen and 2 paras together, excellent relief.
NB DONT TAKE IBRUPROFEN with naproxen.
acetaminophen with naproxen better be ok or i'm hooped.
I've got no meniscus between the bones on the left side of my right knee, been told it will need to be replaced eventually, but I'm 58, too young at this point. luckily it's not to much of a hindrance for me.

Posture is everything when it comes to knees.

If your hips are out of alignment, it can put excessive pressure on your knees. Hip flexors and glutes have a huge bearing on the way weight is distributed trough your knees, and any imbalance may apply a twist to your pelvis which translates through your knees. The illiotibilal band (ITB - a bind of fibres which runs along the outside of your quadricep muscle from the hips to the knee) can also become over-tight and cause knee pain.

Basically, the body is a fragile thing, and you need to look after it.

Over twenty years of being an opening bowler (and a dashing free-flowing batsman), coupled with an average football career means I have to pull myself up from a sitting position nowadays as the knees just ain't working anymore. Lower back problems too not helping. All gone to pot.

See your GP to authorise an X-ray at your local hospital. I had an extremely painful knee this time last year, and walking was agony.

I had an X-ray and to my horror the accompanying report told a picture of much wear on what was left of the ligaments, and I was told I would have to have a total knee replacement. I eventually had this and the knee is great now. If I had not had the op the condition would have deteriorated to the point of me being a cripple.

I just hope the other knee holds up. The operation was easy, an anaesthetising of the lower half of the body, you don't feel a thing (just shut your ears to the drilling, sawing and hammering) and you're out in a few days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.