Crystal Palace (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Crystal Palace (A) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has now become a must win game. We cannot afford to go any further behind the scousers. Yes I know it is still early on in the season. However now that we are 7pts behind the title is now out of our hands. Yes even if we win both games against the scousers it still would not be enough to win the title assuming we both win all the remaining games. We would still need the scousers to drop at least 2pts more.
Nobody is winning 30 games in a row, there are lots of twists n turns to play out this season ... The Dippers Have had some serious luck and done seriously well with refs so far.....
No way I'm writing us off until it's mathematically impossible to win the title....!

This has now become a must win game. We cannot afford to go any further behind the scousers. Yes I know it is still early on in the season. However now that we are 7pts behind the title is now out of our hands. Yes even if we win both games against the scousers it still would not be enough to win the title assuming we both win all the remaining games. We would still need the scousers to drop at least 2pts more.
8pts behind 6 games to go..

I've gone for a win, but no score prediction. If Kev plays and stays the 90 that should be enough. If we play some lovely football that's a bonus but we need some cohesion and the look of a strong unit more than the pretty stuff. I'm not expecting United to score let alone get a result so this is a must win

Ederson
Walker Dhino Stones Mendy
Bernardo Kev Rodri
Sterling Aguero Mahrez

Mendy needs to play to keep Zaha quiet, Zinchenko is too slow and would struggle against Zaha's pace. After the Wolves defeat, we desperately need 3 points.

What about pairing Garcia in defence with Stones and pushing Ferdy into midfield? If KDB is still out this would be a necessity as last season when the pair were both injured we lost to Palace at home and Leicester away.

Do rate Garcia but Pep is never gonna risk him in a potentially tough away game , but Garcia is ahead of Otto for me now , Otto is an accident waiting to happen in every game, its alarming how his form has deteriorated.

As someone as already alluded to, you cannot second guess Pep. Most people will have a rough idea, some a logical, even rational thought process on the starting 11. Pep does tend to go off in a completely unexpected direction. The 2 keys issues are that a) We must learn to cope with quick players on the counter ala Zaha and be quick enough to intercept. b) Try tighten the centre backs with Rodri slipping in to allow Dhino the occasional link up with KDB. In any case, we must concentrate on getting 3 points. Sorry but I really do not like Woy, stick it to him the OAP!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.