Crystal Palace (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Crystal Palace (A) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Low point was Wolves game for this season and time to move on..

We will beat Palace and go on a long unbeaten run. I just love being written off that always inspires us!

Eddie
Walker Garcia Otto Mendy
Bernie Fern Kev
Mahrez Serg Razza

I’ve put Fern in instead of Rodri for more protection & added steel.
This is a must win game, no messing about, proper cbs.... (Otto is debatable tho!!).

Eddie
Walker Garcia Otto Mendy
Bernie Fern Kev
Mahrez Serg Razza

I’ve put Fern in instead of Rodri for more protection & added steel.
This is a must win game, no messing about, proper cbs.... (Otto is debatable tho!!).
Dinho has been our best centre back.

is Stones still injured?

I’m sat poolside in Kos thinking about the game and reading Balague’s bio of Pep. Wow, what a read. Fantastic book but also troubling because Pep works in relatively short bursts and this reinforces what we all dread - the day he leaves us. When he goes, we lose arguably the greatest footy coach who ever lived (THE greatest imo). Barca fans went through exactly the same emotions. For me, flat out for the CL this season. So pisses me off when people on here try to suggest that their tactics and selections would have delivered better results here and there than Pep’s. And yes, this is a forum for opinions.

I’m sat poolside in Kos thinking about the game and reading Balague’s bio of Pep. Wow, what a read. Fantastic book but also troubling because Pep works in relatively short bursts and this reinforces what we all dread - the day he leaves us. When he goes, we lose arguably the greatest footy coach who ever lived (THE greatest imo). Barca fans went through exactly the same emotions. For me, flat out for the CL this season. So pisses me off when people on here try to suggest that their tactics and selections would have delivered better results here and there than Pep’s. And yes, this is a forum for opinions.
Any critics inside or outside the club have been won over but that's not to say that he never gets it wrong.

Occasionally we've lost games because the players have underperformed or freak goals have gone against us, or the opponents play a really good game. Against Wolves I think that Pep's options were reduced by injury but he got his midfield selection wrong. I think he wanted to take Bernardo out of the firing line, but City were left with a midfield that couldn't function. Otamendi took much of the blame but for me it all stemmed from Pep's midfield.

Any critics inside or outside the club have been won over but that's not to say that he never gets it wrong.

Occasionally we've lost games because the players have underperformed or freak goals have gone against us, or the opponents play a really good game. Against Wolves I think that Pep's options were reduced by injury but he got his midfield selection wrong. I think he wanted to take Bernardo out of the firing line, but City were left with a midfield that couldn't function. Otamendi took much of the blame but for me it all stemmed from Pep's midfield.
Pep is his own severest critic, but the team are human. His defenders have to be able to attack. His attackers have to be able to defend. His imperious Barca team suffered some unexpected defeats against Li Liga relative minnows. Any team he puts out is expected to be versatile - that’s what he works on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.