Crystal Palace (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Crystal Palace (A) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any critics inside or outside the club have been won over but that's not to say that he never gets it wrong.

Occasionally we've lost games because the players have underperformed or freak goals have gone against us, or the opponents play a really good game. Against Wolves I think that Pep's options were reduced by injury but he got his midfield selection wrong. I think he wanted to take Bernardo out of the firing line, but City were left with a midfield that couldn't function. Otamendi took much of the blame but for me it all stemmed from Pep's midfield.

Great post Marv, makes sense.

I’m sat poolside in Kos thinking about the game and reading Balague’s bio of Pep. Wow, what a read. Fantastic book but also troubling because Pep works in relatively short bursts and this reinforces what we all dread - the day he leaves us. When he goes, we lose arguably the greatest footy coach who ever lived (THE greatest imo). Barca fans went through exactly the same emotions. For me, flat out for the CL this season. So pisses me off when people on here try to suggest that their tactics and selections would have delivered better results here and there than Pep’s. And yes, this is a forum for opinions.

Most on the pre, match, and post match threads pick better teams than pep, and that's without knowing who is 100%, who is looking tired, has other issues, has been ill. not trained well.etc. he often gets, defence, midfield and sometimes the attack wrong, his substitutions are too late, and his sweaters are appalling.

Gets Ederson right though.

Most on the pre, match, and post match threads pick better teams than pep, and that's without knowing who is 100%, who is looking tired, has other issues, has been ill. not trained well.etc. he often gets, defence, midfield and sometimes the attack wrong, his substitutions are too late, and his sweaters are appalling.

Gets Ederson right though.

That's Bravo from now on then.

Am I right in thinking that now Sane and Laporte are our only players out? Apologies, barely been paying attention during the international break

Am I right in thinking that now Sane and Laporte are our only players out? Apologies, barely been paying attention during the international break
There's also Mendy. I think he was due back after the international break. City mentioned that Stones and KDB had returned to training on Monday, but there was no mention of Mendy so I think that places a question mark against his fitness.

There's also Mendy. I think he was due back after the international break. City mentioned that Stones and KDB had returned to training on Monday, but there was no mention of Mendy so I think that places a question mark against his fitness.

Cheers. Hadn't heard about Mendy but can't say I'm surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.