The next Recession!

Might not be in " a text-book recession", but for those whose income has been frozen for more than ten years, 60% of the workforce at the last count (to the great delight of rt-wingers, of course). Recession is just a word thrown into arguments to prove a point, means fuck-all to the public, all they know is that they get less to pay for more. Apparently though the EU is in a far worse state, and now it's them that is "the sick man of europe, in fact the walking dead!!!" Not sure about that myself, but some BM posters are, in between liking each others diatribes and making stuff up, and lauding their "new" messiah, it's one of their favourite """"FACTS"""", ffs, not forgetting finding new ways to be victims, and stepping on their bottom lips and littering the place with ejected toys. ....

Interesting. Re the last line

the next downturn will likely not be a “recession.

Are you saying there could be a big asset price correction that does not lead to a drop in GDP and therefore not a technical recession. I can see that but then if asset prices drop those assets feed the calculation of GDP and their is a knock on.
I was alluding to the next (recognised) sustained downturn being much worse than the contemporary held loose definition of a “recession.”

But I try not to use the word(s) that describe that dire economic state. I am not superstitious, mind... but I am a little stitious.

We could perhaps consider sacrificing a goat.
Yeah the goat thing is always the second option as per Keynes if interest rates are already low.
Man walking along a road in the countryside comes across a goatherd and his goats. Tells the goatherder, "I will bet you £50 against one of your goats that I can tell you the exact number in this herd." The goatherd thinks it over; it's a big herd so he takes the bet. "973," proclaims the man. The goatherder is astonished, because that is exactly right. Says "OK, I'm a man of my word, take an animal." Man picks one up and begins to walk away.

"Wait," cries the goatherd, "Let me have a chance to get even. Double or nothing that I can guess your exact occupation." Man says sure. Goatherd shouts "you are an economist for the government!" "Amazing!" responds the man, "you are exactly right!”

“But tell me, how did you deduce that?"

"Well," says the goatherder, "put down my dog and I will tell you."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.