Southampton (H) Post-Match Thread

Surprised really that so many of the posters on this thread are in my opinion clueless.
Yesterday Southampton defended not on the 18 yard line like most teams , until they tire, what they did was defend on 13 to 15 yards, this lessens the space behind the line. So playing one twos behind that line is almost impossible. Southampton hoofed it forward every time and then set up in their defensive formation.
This thread is 90% negative, full of banality. I cannot really understand it.
Do those spouting such dross believe it is the shortcomings of our managers decisions and tactics, or poor play from treble winning team.
Well I am off for a positive 10 mile walk, beautiful Peak district, fresh air, a nice coffee and croissant, I need to breathe out all this negativity..-)

I hope that I am not the only one who came away from yesterday's match buoyed by our great comeback.

It was a hard watch yesterday and by-enlarge I thought we were pretty shit

That said, they kept plugging away and deserved the win
Southampton got the boost of an early goal and were very determined and defended really well. City did well to keep playing our patient football. It was very frustrating for s much of the game because it was 0-1 or 1-1, and we needed the win. I thought we played very well against what was a packed and very well organised defence.

Thanks to both of you

This was cleared up earlier.
However those sat near me weren’t aware of the rule change either, why was it changed, was there a need?
It still didn’t help the total confusion when neither team knew what was going on and the ref seemingly unable to use a simple form of communication to explain it to them.
That was before the farce that ensued.
They are professional footballers with time on their hands. If they need an explanation of the changes, I can pop in one day. Once I've learnt them all.

Surprised really that so many of the posters on this thread are in my opinion clueless.
Yesterday Southampton defended not on the 18 yard line like most teams , until they tire, what they did was defend on 13 to 15 yards, this lessens the space behind the line. So playing one twos behind that line is almost impossible. Southampton hoofed it forward every time and then set up in their defensive formation.
This thread is 90% negative, full of banality. I cannot really understand it.
Do those spouting such dross believe it is the shortcomings of our managers decisions and tactics, or poor play from treble winning team.
Well I am off for a positive 10 mile walk, beautiful Peak district, fresh air, a nice coffee and croissant, I need to breathe out all this negativity..-)

I hope that I am not the only one who came away from yesterday's match buoyed by our great comeback.

They are just used to City smashing sides 4-0 at home. But if a side playing like that get a break and go 1-0 up it can become difficult.

Ref is a cheating ****
Lee Mason should be suspended after that performance. They were time wasting from the off and it got worse when they went ahead. Never spoke to any of them, not even the 'keeper. When they went behind it was all kick and rush then he goes and books Eddie for (guess what) time wasting. What a tosser.

HAHAHAHA!

you wont look cause you know you will be proved wrong....

Ive been on here for about 15 years (I think) - long time just to take the piss - your arguments get weaker by the post!
HAHAHAHA!

you wont look cause you know you will be proved wrong....

Ive been on here for about 15 years (I think) - long time just to take the piss - your arguments get weaker by the post!
I guess you two won't be getting married anytime soon......?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.