Southampton (H) Post-Match Thread

Surprised really that so many of the posters on this thread are in my opinion clueless.
Yesterday Southampton defended not on the 18 yard line like most teams , until they tire, what they did was defend on 13 to 15 yards, this lessens the space behind the line. So playing one twos behind that line is almost impossible. Southampton hoofed it forward every time and then set up in their defensive formation.
This thread is 90% negative, full of banality. I cannot really understand it.
Do those spouting such dross believe it is the shortcomings of our managers decisions and tactics, or poor play from treble winning team.
Well I am off for a positive 10 mile walk, beautiful Peak district, fresh air, a nice coffee and croissant, I need to breathe out all this negativity..-)

I hope that I am not the only one who came away from yesterday's match buoyed by our great comeback.

No you aren't the only one. I was expecting a tough game because Southampton had to react to last week's mauling and their midweek defeat. I predicted to myself that we'd only get a couple of goals; although I wasn't expecting Eddie to gift them a goal. Letting them score first gave them something to really hang onto and allowed them to be ultra defensive. The average position of every Southampton starter was in their own half; almost every City player's was in the opposition half, with our CB's basically on half-way. It was siege and City just needed to keep going to finally wear them down. Of course, once they had to chase the game, we should have taken punished them further and wasted a couple of gilded counter attacking situations but the essential win was secured.

Now we have to finally find a way to win at Anfield.

I 'followed' the game on the matchday web text thingy. I guess still abit suspicious !. As sometimes 10 minutes goes by without any fresh text on the game, so jump between matchday thread on here as well.

On the City matchday text, for Citys second it just said 'Walker was there for a simple tap in' having just send the highlights I wouldnt have classed that as a simple tap in ...

No you aren't the only one. I was expecting a tough game because Southampton had to react to last week's mauling and their midweek defeat. I predicted to myself that we'd only get a couple of goals; although I wasn't expecting Eddie to gift them a goal. Letting them score first gave them something to really hang onto and allowed them to be ultra defensive. The average position of every Southampton starter was in their own half; almost every City player's was in the opposition half, with our CB's basically on half-way. It was siege and City just needed to keep going to finally wear them down. Of course, once they had to chase the game, we should have taken punished them further and wasted a couple of gilded counter attacking situations but the essential win was secured.

Now we have to finally find a way to win at Anfield.

think your being a bit conservative with the positions of our centre halves

It's hard to break these teams down. Takes a bit of skill from Sterling or Silva to get in behind and put a cross in but there's always a player in the way. Very frustrating.

I was that drunk yesterday I honestly didn't even know they'd scored until we equalised. No wonder the crowd was so frustrated. Think I was in the toilet when they scored.

Thought the atmosphere was very very good after we scored. Really enjoyed the game myself... Probably cause I didn't realise we were losing, late winner and I thought Liverpool had drew.

We were quite wasteful again against a team that were intent on always having 8 in the box when we got near it. It’s a shame Sterling was like his former self from 3 years ago. Greedy, blinkered and running down blind alleys. His selfish streak came out again yesterday, he could have slipped in Gabby for a tap in but decided to royally fcuk it up.
Dreading it against the dipper vermin, he will retreat into his shell as they constantly boo him for leaving their deluded klan. Please prove me wrong at Candlefield.

We were quite wasteful again against a team that were intent on always having 8 in the box when we got near it. It’s a shame Sterling was like his former self from 3 years ago. Greedy, blinkered and running down blind alleys. His selfish streak came out again yesterday, he could have slipped in Gabby for a tap in but decided to royally fcuk it up.
Dreading it against the dipper vermin, he will retreat into his shell as they constantly boo him for leaving their deluded klan. Please prove me wrong at Candlefield.
Probably new that there is no point in setting Jesus up on a one v one against a goalkeeper

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.