Atalanta (A) CL Post-Match Thread

Good for you trying to give us a false sense of security with such a performance. Nobody is fooled here however into believing that the Face, the Silvas and who knows, even Rodri will not be playing at the weekend.

Me thinks, your players a bit too focused on Sunday.

This Italian team has to be one of the worst to ever make it into the CL. On several occasions an AB player lost the ball or misplaced a pass, and then he just stood there with a City player running past him. He not even walked back. Didn’t think I’d see this little effort in a CL game.

A decent result considering the number of injuries and what happened on the night. At the moment it just feels that whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Some of our key players are not fully firing and injuries mean we are too often having to play "squad" players. We need to hang on till January and try to buy a couple of top class defenders (centre back and left back) The media and Liverpool fans are behaving in their usual smug way but they would be fools to underestimate us on Sunday.

It’s probably been said but Bravo made it easy to send him off. He went to get the ball with his left arm outside the area, if he had got it sending off anyway. He should have been trying to tackle with his feet, just because he’s the keeper the rule doesn’t allow him to get the ball with his hand/arms outside the box or even attempt to do so.

Last night showed the world what a farce officials and tinkerers with the game have made it, the way that matches are officiated these days makes more news than the football.

We were so bad in the Second Half, I actually thought that Bravo's reckless challenge saved us a point. It certainly diverted the attention from Gundogan's original mistake (albeit Mendy's hospital pass being equally guilty), and similar errors from De Bruyne and Bernardo.

My only quibble with the ref was whether the foul on Sterling (for the Free Kick that was originally given as a penalty), was equally worthy of a Red Card.

Because risking a player that can’t really be replaced, in a nothing game(more or less) when we play Liverpool on Sunday is a big gamble where any upside is outweighed by the potential of a huge downside

Shouldn't have played Fernandinho, Mendy, Otamendi, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Gundogan, either then? It's a squad game and Pep is always focused on the game ahead not the game after.

Should the player who pulled back Raheem received a red card? I thought the law had been changed that if a player makes no attempt to play the ball and a clear goal scoring opportunity was denied then a red must be issued. I can only assume the ref thought that a scoring opportunity wasn't denied. He was utter gash though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.