Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was literally in the Eredivise team of the season two years in a row. Once with NAC, who were shite so it was impressive he stood out, the second time with PSV. So no, he wasn't the 2nd best. Also the belittling of the Eredivise is pointless. There are flops from every league in the world. World class players have come from there too, and there's the fact that he played very well in the Champions league.

And that last sentence is just unquestionably not true is it? I get your point, vaguely, but it's also one of the most pointless terms in football in my opinion. It was one that was only ever used tongue in cheek, but people act as if its some kind of gospel. An Aguero stinker where he misses a few sitters (which happens every season because he's human) doesn't suddenly mean the world will ignore 14 years of being amazing does it? He clearly doesn't just become as good as his last game. No one does. They're as good as their last year or two of football. Not one 90 minutes. It's a very narrow way of viewing the game.

If you don't like Angelino as a player, fine, but don't use some mental gymnastics to try and justify it and denigrate his accomplishments and only look at one side of the picture. It's not fair on the lad. All evidence over the last couple of years suggests he's a very promising and talented footballer. A young one too who cares about the club a lot. I don't get the lack of support at all from some. It's weird IMO. We should be wanting this lad to succeed here, not looking for reasons why he isn't good enough so willingly. He cares about this club, he was really cheap and he's harming absolutely no one by being here.

I watch the Dutch league all the time and i will stick with my opinion based on what i have seen rather than opinion based on popularity, and the Dutch league is trash outside the top 2, that would have been 3 but the lad Feyenoord bought from liverpool has retired, the main reason i would not have bought Angelino back is because he was playing well and had found his niche, his standard.

You used a striker so i will to prove you are wrong . you have a striker who is playing badly but he scores in each of his first 6 games do you drop him? you have a defender and he is playing badly and you lose your first 6 games do you drop him?, in short a defender is only as good as his last game a choice Pep has already made this season,

I neither like nor dislike Angelino but he is a City player so rather than call him for his awful displays i will put it down to bedding in to new players around him, and when he is good i will say so even if he was as poor defensively as the rest of the defence, I applaud your support of a City player but your aim is a bit skew whiff

Shmuck. Kolorav was a great player. Angelino looked like a more complete leftback tonight than anyone else has for us this season.

Out of position way too much, jogging back, aimless crossing for most of the match, skinned for their 3rd goal, too narrow every other time.

Complete ahhaha

Out of position way too much, jogging back, aimless crossing for most of the match, skinned for their 3rd goal, too narrow every other time.

Complete ahhaha
He had 1 "aimless" cross and maybe 2 poor ones out of 8. Defensively looked fine. First big start in the EPL and he showed plenty to be encouraged by.

Played well, should be our starter at LB going forward. Created the most chances and set up our only goal.

Won't fault him for this loss, thought he played well outside of letting Henderson get the cross in. Needs to mix up his crosses and should try to cut inside sometime like he did with the nutmeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.