Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Half Pint, 20 Jul 2019.

1. Half Pint

Half Pint

Very poor in both Asia Trophy games. Poor distribution, poor positionally, rash decisions causing him to commit himself leaving us wide open and misjudged quite a few diagonal balls. Left-back still a problem for the coming season. Thank goodness Zinchenko chose not to go to Wolves at the start of last season.

2. Yep been gash but I'll give him a few months maybe even a season to get used to how we play before I judge him.

Hopefully he improves soon.

3. MeatHunterrr

MeatHunterrr

Not sure why we keep patching up this position. We apparently called off the Chilwell transfer because the money was going elsewhere. Well we don't exactly seem in any rush to buy anyone so where the cash is going?

Half Pint likes this.
  4. itisrising

itisrising

And didn't Zinchenko look terrible when he first played LB for our side? This is literally just pre-season, some perspective please.

5. Half Pint

Half Pint

Zinchenko wasn’t a left back, so he had to learn the position- Angelino IS a left back. He was very poor and will be targeted by the opposition in England if he plays like that; and his distribution, even when not under pressure, was poor. It’s not about fitness and I do hope he improves, but it is a worry going into the new season.

PrezIke and RibboCop like this.
  6. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

Probably. Though Zin was a midfielder learning how to be a defender.

7. manimanc

manimanc

[​IMG]
    Change your username to Half Empty Pint.

Trojan1962, twosips and bobom like this.
  8. itisrising

itisrising

The difference is Pep doesn't ask fullbacks to play as traditional fullbacks so you could argue both have to adapt to new demands. I just see it as teething problems, he's a 22 year old that has just come back and it is only pre season. We got 100 points with Fabian Delph as our main LB so I'm not too worried currently.

Steadfast and twosips like this.
  9. bobom

bobom

Yes, after two friendlies, it's judgement time!

manimanc likes this.
  10. twosips

twosips

Nothing quite like bluemoon sometimes. Angelino is officially a dud based off preseason.