Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Like the last time he signed then.

Personally think he’ll stay an extra year or two based on his brilliant relationships with those at the club, his his Puma deal, and recent positive comments about being so happy to be here.

So so happy.

i dont think he will hang around any longer than his contract and why should he,i think id be off with the corruption of VAR and the poor quality of refs,TBH i bet he cant wait to return to sunny shores

Given Pep's sense of justice, I would not be surprised at all if he extends his deal.

There's a job to be done here, and a point to be made.

Pep has proved he can win trophies in any country. However - this “4 years & I’m off” mentally will not make him the best manager ever.

What he needs to do now is prove he has longevity - & can build a dynasty. And we’re the perfect club to do that with

Anyone think all this bollocks we've had to face this season will galvanise Pep to really build an absolute unbeatable monster of a team? Or think to himself fuck you, you bent load of bastards?
Neither. I think he will probably see out his contract and hit the road as planned.

All the rumblings are that he will leave at the end of next season unfortunately :-(

If he leaves he leaves, we won the league with Mancini and Pellegrini. The structure within the club is there to give who ever the manager is the tools to be competitive.

As for the trying to win the champions league, Chelsea won it with a caretaker manager, you don’t always have to be the worlds best to win it, it’s more down to luck.

Neither. I think he will probably see out his contract and hit the road as planned.

I suspect this will be the case. When it was announced that Pep was going to be our manager I think most people would have predicted he would stay for three years as he did at Bayern. We've been fortunate to have the best manager in world football, to have seen a team play breath taking football and to have won so many trophies along the way, but it was unlikely that he would be at City for the long haul.

We have to enjoy having Pep while we can and hope that when he does leave Txiki and the board get the succession planning right, that will be their biggest challenge.

I’d imagine it depends on his family. If his wife or kids want to be elsewhere, he’ll go elsewhere too. I don’t think we should expect him to extend further, it seems unlikely.

He also said today in the pre match interview that Liverpool will be important to give “this club” a challenge over the next “2,3,4 seasons”. This club. Probably reading too much into it, but I think you say “us” if you expect to be part of that timeframe.
He doesn't say us really,he usually say thank you to manchester city when talking about new players etc,saying this club is the sort of thing he always says,it's a job to him so it'll never be us

my take:

if he wins the Champions league - Irrespective of PL result, he goes at end of season - Job Done
If he wins PL, but not CL - He stays, one more year to win CL
Wins neither - he goes - done
Nope,he is seeing out his contract regardless,he is not a quitter,bad news for you lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.