Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Personally I think he has an eye on the Spain job and doing a World Cup. But I assume the 2022 in Qatar is 1 too soon and 2, will be shit as its in Qatar. The 2026 WC is in the USA/Canada/Mexico. I would put money on Pep being the Spain coach for that.

So what between then and now. I doubt anyone is offering more money than us. And I doubt there is a bigger challenge. I don't see the pull of Juve - its a slam dunk domestic title and then another roll of the dice in the CL. Maybe just so he can tick off another league and big club but is it worth moving your family around for!

I would think with us until Summer 2022 then Spain for the 2024 euro and 2026 WC. He could squeeze another club in there for 2 years if he left us a bit early but I dont see him as the type to squeeze things in.
He is catalan,he will never manage spain

Is he? Let’s be realistic for a second. The last time he was in a situation like this Mourinho ran him out of Spain for a sabbatical.
Maureen didn't run him out of anywhere,that is the same crap that barcley said when maureen got the rag job pep would tear up his contract here and leave,well we know what happened next..

There are so many factors at play. Its not just will he want to leave to get new experience/challenge, its will he want to leave because he has given us everything he has and he believes he cant improve us further. His kids will be at tricky ages for schooling and university over the next period. What is the story with his wife back in Spain? Is it temporary?
His job is tough enough coaching an elite PL team on a level playing field. He may just decide enough is enough with the media,pogmol, the FA and FIFA and who could blame him. At the end of the day, the players will decide and I dont mean they will rebel or anything like that but if he believes he cant get any more out of the squad he will go for sure. My key worry this season is that a good few of our stars are underperforming slightly. I dont need to list them all but is this an indication that they are becoming mentally fatigued with his intensity and style.

I hope he stays but only if he is moving the squad forward, continuing to play his brand of football and winning trophies consistently.

Anyone think all this bollocks we've had to face this season will galvanise Pep to really build an absolute unbeatable monster of a team? Or think to himself fuck you, you bent load of bastards?
Hope so, but he needs to be a tidge more defensive on occasion. Especially against the better teams.

If we’d had a bit of luck on Sunday, maybe a decision or two had gone our way or maybe had Sergio tucked away the easy chances or maybe had Bravo been in penalty shootout mode etc etc would we really have a thread about pep leaving and us needing the biggest rebuild since the takeover? NO.
Nout wrong wi this squad or this team, we just had a mildly bad day at the office on Sunday. Pep’s on easy street, he’s done it all at City, he’s not gonna let a bit of a gap in november worry him or detract from what this squad’s achieved and what it still can achieve. Klopp’s the one showing signs of cracking, cavorting on the pitch like he’s won something.
Man up ffs, learn from the past, it’s a long long season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.