Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Agree but at work we had a talk about what you can say and cant say. We were told that even if you are having banter between you and you workmates if someone over hears you and is upset they can report you. To be safe in this country now dont speak were someone can over hear you was his advice. As we work in public he said the best thing is dont speak....sad but true, to many people like to be offended and like to have their 5 minutes of fame.
The world has gone mad,offended by everything,i will fight against this with my last breath,don't speak? what kind of bollocks advice is that? the real problems in life have been buried by the offended by everything culture,we shouldn't allow this to continue

A cartoon figure with exaggerated racial features. Have you seen the promotion behind the brand? Blacked up people holding spears. It may not be racist in his home country but here it would be considered offensive.
They have not had spears for a long time,benny makes jokes on twitter about himself being difficult to see,no fucker knew about the cartoon so how could they be offended by it,they are best mates who take the piss out of each other,if bernie had meant to be offensive he wouldn't have put it out on twitter

The world has gone mad,offended by everything,i will fight against this with my last breath,don't speak? what kind of bollocks advice is that? the real problems in life have been buried by the offended by everything culture,we shouldn't allow this to continue

Funny thing was the bloke giving the talk was from liverpool.........he said just say good morning and good night .....that's the only safe way think the course was called diversity and something or other

Agree but at work we had a talk about what you can say and cant say. We were told that even if you are having banter between you and you workmates if someone over hears you and is upset they can report you. To be safe in this country now dont speak were someone can over hear you was his advice. As we work in public he said the best thing is dont speak....sad but true, to many people like to be offended and like to have their 5 minutes of fame.
This happened to me Gordon,and you don't fucking get over it mate,I will never forgive or forget my time will come.

I'm a middle aged white guy, and I think what he did was at best naive, and at worst he was an idiot.
He has 650k followers on twitter, why on earth would he not just send that as a Private Message, rather than for all to see. Like all forms of offence, it's about impact, not intent and that tweet was very poor.
The last thing the club needs is providing more ammunition to the anti-City brigade.
He, Pep and Club should have immediately apologised, donated to anti-racist org and moved on.
He seems a lovely guy, and clearly a wonderful footballer, but he's been an idiot on this.

I'm an old white guy and I think your views are idiotic.

Explain the impact point to me. How is it possible to be offended by this?

Spell it out because I'm really struggling with this.

Were you offended?
If so what form did this offence take?
Are you having trouble sleeping or eating?
Is your career suffering because you can't think about anything else?
Are your personal relationships suffering for the same reason?
Or are you not really offended at all?
Perhaps you're not offended but you're worried about other people who might have been offended.

There's no impact on anyone here.

We live in an incredibly tolerant society and we should revel in that fact.

We shouldn't be wasting our time pandering to people who are running around looking to find offence around every corner.

People like you are part of the problem.

Until enough people start pointing out the obvious about situations like this, i.e. that there's no fucking problem at all here, the situation will persist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.