Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

City weren’t allowed to put letters or words on the seats until this season. Obviously City must have pushed for it. And pushed Sports England. I don’t think the city council were bothered either way. The problem is City don’t own the stadium. They have to ask permission to change it. It’s like renting a house and having to ask the landlord to change it.

City weren’t allowed to put letters or words on the seats until this season. Obviously City must have pushed for it. And pushed Sports England. I don’t think the city council were bothered either way. The problem is City don’t own the stadium. They have to ask permission to change it. It’s like renting a house and having to ask the landlord to change it.

looks naff anyway.

CXVwzmPWsAAmp_8.jpg
I don’t recall ever having seen that before, cheers fella.

Love that picture, used to have it on my wall as a kid.

I’d have loved to have that happened to Maine Road!

That post-1994 Kippax held 11000 and it didn’t have corners, so mirror that on the Main Stand and that’s 22000... let’s say behind the goals would have been 8000 each so that’s 38000... and add in the corners you’d probably get a further 8000... it would have been around 46000.

Was always a pipe dream though.

I wrote to Peter Swales about this as a kid in the 80s asking why it hadn’t happened. He wrote back to me as well! Wish I’d kept the letter!

Malcolm Allison’s ridiculous spending spree in his second spell in charge put pay to any stadium redevelopment- and subsequently put the skids under us for many years from a playing perspective. A really dark era for the club of financial mismanagement and poor decision making.

No its a lack of will and cash.
This is likely very inaccurate estimate but the South Stand extension cost was put at £80m by the press. That's the cost of 2 players (not including the wages). City could probably finance that ourselves without tapping the owner given that CL income for one season is £80m. So unless I'm miles out on the cost, I don't think that's an issue. Sheikh Mansour could also finance it? It's an investment. He'd be sinking money into an asset that is appreciating in value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.