65 Year Old Man Dies At Job Centre

He just feels that he’s done his bit for one lifetime. He simply wants to put his feet up and enjoy some quality time, in the warmth, before he keels over and drops dead. But the Cunts want to drag him out into the sleet and snow and push his nose into the grindstone.
The problem is that we have to have a specified retirement age otherwise we'd all be done at 25! Now that we have this milestone then it's down to each individual to decide if they want to prepare for the chance they want/need to retire earlier or not. It's not always fair of course, but that's life.

Unless your mate has access to something to live off for the years until he is entitled then his best bet is to accept he will need to play along with the game. If he's a manual labourer (as it sounds like) then a job at B&Q or Wickes is a good place because his knowledge could be of use, but at least you're dry! 20 hours a week would be roughly the same as a pension.

I started work at 15 joined Royal Navy at 15years 6 month stayed in nearly 8 years. Never been out of work cept for four month worked in the NHS for 30 years ,was 65 in March didn't get my pension till Sept then only 1 week as it in areas, For some reason that I fail to understand I am not entitled to the full wack . God help people in there 30s and 40s as I doubt they will ever see there state pension
Those who are not yet claiming a state pension can check their NI record here ... https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension, but you will probably need to contact them if already claiming it ... https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service. They should be able to tell you which years contributed and which didn't.

I started work at 15 joined Royal Navy at 15years 6 month stayed in nearly 8 years. Never been out of work cept for four month worked in the NHS for 30 years ,was 65 in March didn't get my pension till Sept then only 1 week as it in areas, For some reason that I fail to understand I am not entitled to the full wack . God help people in there 30s and 40s as I doubt they will ever see there state pension
You should check your NI record.
However, I’m guessing the reason you do not have a ‘full’ pension is due to the bulk of your NI contributions being contracted out from the full rate. This means you paid a lower NI rate than the ‘average joe’ for most of those 30 years. Hence you are not eligible for the ‘full’ state pension.

You should check your NI record.
However, I’m guessing the reason you do not have a ‘full’ pension is due to the bulk of your NI contributions being contracted out from the full rate. This means you paid a lower NI rate than the ‘average joe’ for most of those 30 years. Hence you are not eligible for the ‘full’ state pension.
If they're contracted out, presumably you will have built up a private pension somewhere else then?

If they're contracted out, presumably you will have built up a private pension somewhere else then?
A lot of people (me included ) contracted out of SERPS which as you rightly state allowed me to build up my own private pension which has allowed me to retire 3.5 years before I am due my state pension.
However I still continued to pay a full NI contribution each month ( Think it was known as class A) to ensure I got a full state pension. I am sure you need 35 years contribution to qualify for a full New State Pension.
So opting out of SERPS has nothing to do with the New State Pension.

Last edited:
So, because a 65 year old died at the job centre, it's because he was at the job centre and he shouldn't have been if all was right with the world?

I assume the post Mortem confirmed that, and that it had nothing to do with his lifestyle, genes or any other of numerous reasons someones life might cease to be at the age of 65?

Do me a favour.

I have it on good authority we'll all die at some point, somewhere...and there's a good chance we won't get to decide where that is?

I have also seen recent evidence that suggests that wherever it happens to be, someone will try to link it to a political crusade it's probably got f all to do with.

A lot of people (me included ) contracted out of SERPS which as you rightly state allowed me to build up my own private pension which has allowed me to retire 3.5 years before I am due my state pension.
However I still continued to pay a full NI contribution each month ( Think it was known as class A) to ensure I got a full state pension. I am sure you need 35 years contribution to qualify for a full New State Pension.
So opting out of SERPS has nothing to do with the New State Pension.
I think you may be right. I've worked (or pretended to) for about 35 years and am just about to reach full state pension contributions but was contracted out for about 10 years before they contracted everyone back in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.