Uber loses licence to operate in London

It's not a closed shop though is it. Anyone can be a black cabbie. Anyone. Pass the knowledge and boom...off you go. I see all sorts of colour, creed, race, size driving black cabs in London these days.

So do I.

Private hire cab firms in Manchester were shocking in my day. You’d get a rabbit in the headlights driver who, if the destination wasn’t Piccadilly Station, then they were lost. Dithering, useless drivers.

In Rusholme, I’d step on to Wilmslow Road and flag down the first Hackney Carriage driver I saw. Never an issue.

You'd think that with GPS the knowledge would be obsolete, but the number of drivers I get who can't read a simple map is astonishing. I had one the other day immediately phone me after accepting the booking to ask where I was. I said I was where it says on the map. He then proceeded to go the same distance in the opposite direction and phone me back asking where I was again. I don't know why he thought me describing where I was would be any more accurate.

Manchester have called Uber in for a meeting today.
Seems like they are having doubts about letting them operate too.

I used to use the local competition instead of Uber. They have an App with similar features but after they let me down three times on the trot I now use Uber and not had a problem, apart from the driver who picked us up at the airport after the Atalanta game at 3am who I had to warn that he was on the wrong side of the road and about to have a head on collision because he was fiddling with the sun visor.

I hope they lose their Manchester arm too. They deserve it for exploiting drivers.

Rusholme was always farcical for taxis. You’d get a middle aged man who couldn’t speak English properly and they’d struggle to know regular destinations like The Roadhouse on Newton Street, The City of Manchester Stadium (as it then was) or St. Peter’s Square. They’d burst out laughing when you gave them the destination and then start shaking like leaves because they had no idea where they were going. It happened so many times.

Whilst Satnav should get you there, it’s evident Uber are a shocking business model and in need of reform. I must have used Uber ten times and still had issues five times. Drivers cherry picking good fares was one.

I used to use the local competition instead of Uber. They have an App with similar features but after they let me down three times on the trot I now use Uber and not had a problem, apart from the driver who picked us up at the airport after the Atalanta game at 3am who I had to warn that he was on the wrong side of the road and about to have a head on collision because he was fiddling with the sun visor.

In the US every major airport and hotel etc has special stops and areas to accommodate Uber.

I've used it loads over there and it has been cheap and fine every single time, some of the people are the nicest you would ever meet.

They all get rated so it isn't like there isn't an incentive to deliver a good service.

Yet here we are in this country and our capitol city won't even allow them to operate leaving us with a crap expensive service in comparison.

Pathetic.

This decision won’t be taken lightly. Criminals have worked undetected for them as have drivers posing as others. That’s abhorrent for such a trusted occupation. Our safety as passengers comes first.

Perverts are everywhere.

As are xenophobes and racists.

company openly allowing
Uninsured drivers
Unlicensed drivers
Drivers convicted of sex offences driving for them
Unregistered drivers using their mates registrations
Drivers convicted of sexual assaults on passengers

and all you think about is that.

you dickhead!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.