Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

Now that is a very fair comment. A big crowd tonight, but it's no wonder plenty don't go out of their way to get to group games when performances like that can happen all too easily. It really is a pretty dull competition before the knockout stage.
I reckon that’s close to our record CL attendance.

That's what I was thinking too but what difference has it made to Liverpool? They've played about the same number of games, have rotated far less therefore their big players have played just about every match during the same 2 year period and look at them....still banging in late winners every bloody weekend. So it can't be down to tiredness unless our training/recovery work is excessive or just not as good as theirs.

I get your point, but for our last two seasons we've stayed in both domestic cups longer than Liverpool, and two seasons ago (Pep's first Prem win) Liverpool weren't near our level, we are now in our third season of the style of play Pep wants, Liverpool aren't.

I do think our training/recovery work may be excessive and is having an affect.

I've already written this season off, & will happily settle for top four & 3-4 major signings to pep things up in the summer.

We were poor, predictable & slow, & only in the last half of the second half did we pick up the pace. During the last two seasons we were first to the ball, & hunted in packs to regain possession.

If the opposition raised the tempo, we raised ours above them & kept it their until they ran out of steam & ambition, & then we'd pummel the fuck out of them.

This season we've sat off teams & allowed them to settle, gain confidence & to attack us at will when we've not been at our defensive best. We're missing the rock solid pivot of Fernandinho, Kompany & Laporte.

Unbelievably I reckon there'll be a mini rebuilding job this summer, & the recent $500m investment has got Peps name all over it.

I've already written this season off, & will happily settle for top four & 3-4 major signings to pep things up in the summer.

We were poor, predictable & slow, & only in the last half of the second half did we pick up the pace. During the last two seasons we were first to the ball, & hunted in packs to regain possession.

If the opposition raised the tempo, we raised ours above them & kept it their until they ran out of steam & ambition, & then we'd pummel the fuck out of them.

This season we've sat off teams & allowed them to settle, gain confidence & to attack us at will when we've not been at our defensive best. We're missing the rock solid pivot of Fernandinho, Kompany & Laporte.

Unbelievably I reckon there'll be a mini rebuilding job this summer, & the recent $500m investment has got Peps name all over it.

You know what? There were absolutely loads of posts exactly like this last December/January.

It’s a funny old game.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/leicester-v-city-post-match.338022/

Last edited:
You know what? There were absolutely loads of posts exactly like this last December.

It’s a funny old game.
Well I wasn't one of them making them. This season is different. I had a feeling of foreboding from this summer & said as much with one knobhead in particular chasing me around from thread to thread reminding me I said we'd struggle if we didn't replace Kompany & blood Silva's replacement from this season.

Unfortunately, my fears are coming to pass. If you want to check last season, I was one appealing for calm. We had a bad 4 games in a row, but put it right afterwards. This season is more than a bad patch or a blip, there's a worrying pattern, so I believe we've all got reason to be concerned. Even during our blip last season, there was energy in our play. This season it comes in patches, here & there.

Like I said, top 3/4 & spend most of the $500m to correct what's gone wrong this season.

Well I wasn't one of them making them. This season is different. I had a feeling of foreboding from this summer & said as much with one knobhead in particular chasing me around from thread to thread reminding me I said we'd struggle if we didn't replace Kompany & blood Silva's replacement from this season.

Unfortunately, my fears are coming to pass. If you want to check last season, I was one appealing for calm. We had a bad 4 games in a row, but put it right afterwards. This season is more than a bad patch or a blip, there's a worrying pattern, so I believe we've all got reason to be concerned. Even during our blip last season, there was energy in our play. This season it comes in patches, here & there.

Like I said, top 3/4 & spend most of the $500m to correct what's gone wrong this season.

We’re not as good because we’ve had major injuries.

Read through this thread. It might make you feel better. Your posts are identical to what most are saying. Some even saying Pep should go.

I think we are toiling a bit at present but it's what happens after Christmas that happens. Rodri and Cancelo are not fully up to pace yet (we may see the best of them next season); David Silva is a bit older; Kev is not fully back to his best yet; Bernardo has been playing out of his best position; Sterling has played too many games for club and country; left back is still a problem for us. These issues can all be fixed. I am confident we will be there or thereabouts for all the major trophies this season. Let's see what happens in the shake-up.
A new left back (Mendy looks crocked I'm afraid) in January; Laporte and Sane back; Kev fully up to speed (he has always needed momentum); Sergio back; Foden fresh and ready to go. Happy days ahead as far as I'm concerned.
It's the nature of Zin's, Laporte's, and Sane's injuries for me that's a concern. I hope they don't come back too early, and those are types of injuries where I can see at least one of them re-injuring shortly on return and being out till next season. Hope that doesn't sound too dower but I think it's likely.
On a positive note, I also agree about the trophies, we are still on for all four remaining Cups, and there will still be successes this year.

At a guess..and I may be wrong...I'd say that picture of NP with Lake in the background was taken at Spurs away on the first day of the season august 1990.Lake was made captain and played centre half ...we lost 3-1 to a gazza inspired Spurs.....Fantastic day out in the sun...City played really well 1st half. . the Away terrace was literally bouncIng. ...How I miss away day goal celebrations like we used to have...a Fantastic time to be a football fan.

Yeah, I’d agree. Stood right behind the goal for this one. Lake was imperious.

We’re not as good because we’ve had major injuries.

Read through this thread. It might make you feel better. Your posts are identical to what most are saying. Some even saying Pep should go.

I don't need to read anything mate, as I have my own mind & eyes, & know we're well off it. Injuries don't help, but there's some major fixing which needs doing. I had similar quotes in 2014/15/16, so it's meh?

Pep stays! There's nothing wrong which Guardiola can't fix, & I can't think of another manager I'd rather have for the long term. With the announcement of our new $500m investment today, we'll sort this in the summer. For now I'll settle for a CL place as minimum, & whatever we can pick up along the way.

I don't need to read anything mate, as I have my own mind & eyes, & know we're well off it. Injuries don't help, but there's some major fixing which needs doing. I had similar quotes in 2014/15/16, so it's meh?

Pep stays! There's nothing wrong which Guardiola can't fix, & I can't think of another manager I'd rather have for the long term. With the announcement of our new $500m investment today, we'll sort this in the summer. For now I'll settle for a CL place as minimum, & whatever we can pick up along the way.

Agree with you, watched long enough to know whens its wrong.CB is vital.

I can live with a slow season nowadays as know we will be back next season. I still cant watch the 81 Cup Final replay however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.