Post Match Thread - United (h)

Chilwell is too slow.

Sterling has not hit a brick wall at all. Jesus is not a poor player either. You are expecting forwards to produce magic when they are playing in front of a midfield which is not functioning properly.
Chilwell would be a good fit. Doesn't scoring 44 Prem goals in 16 games tell you something - even though our defence is disjointed ?

Sometimes you just have to say it wasnt our day. United played us well and got the result. I cant understand some of the moaning minnies on here. They cant be longstanding city fans used to watching shit for many years. We have been privelaged to watch the best football ever over the last 2 seasons and fantastic football most of the last over the last 10 years. Seen some great derby wins. Won a plethora of titles. Broken every record in the book. Its a sport. We wont win everything all the time. Get Real some of you out there. We have 3 titles to go for. We are still capable of winning something this season. Get behind the lads. They have preformed miracles over the last 2 seasons. 14 straight wins to do a back to back !!

No way. Opposing teams just have to arrive in our box to score. We had 22 to their 11 attempts and 72 per cent possession. We gifted them a string of chances and fluffed our lines in front of goal. When we get beat, we still outplay opponents. They parked the bus, hoped for the best and got their wish.

There's too much hyperbole flying around about our poor results this season. I don't think there is a huge amount wrong but there things wrong that are costing us too many points. We are failing to make our dominance pay too often and we are not dealing well enough with counter-attacks.

I thought the league was gone last week but any slight glimmer of a remarkable come back has now gone. So I hope Pep will use the league to try something a little different and then in the summer, I hope the club gets the cheque book out and makes three, maybe four, big signings. My biggest criticism of the club is that it has not done enough in the transfer market to push us forward after our title wins.

City can't realistically do much in January so it's down to Pep to get creative with his current resources to improve of league form and also to get some cups won.

The absence of Sane is really hurting us because neither Bernie or Mahrez are doing enough to make the right flank their own. A fully fit Sane would surely be starter at the moment, with Raz moved to the right. If Sane goes at the end of the season, replacing him will be one of the big signings I referred to.

The weakness at right wing is one of the reasons that I feel KDB is struggling for his best form: I think he is trying to do too much. He also faces the problem that there is not pace alongside him in midfield. Any two from the three of Rodri, Gundo and Merlin alongside leaves KDB as the only remotely quick or dynamic midfielder. Added to which, Merlin's magic is fizzling out.

Rodri is the future at DM and needs to keep playing so a more dynamic option is needed at inside left and I think it's time to try Foden, given Bernie's off colour (!) performances.

I'd also try Gabby on the left flank when Sergio is fit and move Raz to the right.

Left back is a big problem - although absent Zinchenko is our best bet there currently and will get better at it; he will never get more pace though and new LB is another of the big signings needed in the summer.

City need to identify the best centre back in the world that can be bought and pay whatever the necessary price is to get him. Ideally, along he needs to be big, strong and quick; excellent in the air and the tackle plus able to play accurate short passes under pressure. Ideally, they's do that in January but it seems unlikely that will be possible. In the interim, I'd like to see Garcia get a start in the league and see how he gets on.

I blame Gundogan for it all, oh wait he didn't start, and still we sit an international centre half on the bench while playing our best ball winning midfielder as centre half, pep you genius take a bow

Put your blue tinted glasses back in their case...

8 came in one game against a woeful Watford. And we ‘were’ free scoring up until a few months ago.. it has dried up.. we have been going through the motions.. I’ll ask you this..

how many games have was actually won in the last few months?

how many goals have we conceded?

And as for Mendy.. forget him mate.. he is done. I was massively excited by him after a 4/5 games.. that was two years ago.. he’s been pretty much injured the whole time.. he now is not mobile and can’t cross.... and he could never defend so... go figure.
Read my comment again - I'm saying that the injury has diminished Mendy - he's been recovered long enough but my eyes are telling me he ain't gonna be our left back. Doesn't matter whether some of our goals came in clusters - Liverpool have just scored 8 in 2. Like I keep saying, very average teams are scoring against us with a strangely high rate of goals to attacks because we have some glaring weaknesses in defence. We're making one pass/one touch too many. Raheem a case in point - had the chance to poke the ball in on that diagonal run after winning the ball but went wide with an extra touch. 15 goals in 8 games over the October/November Prem games. Not our best tally, but certainly not evidence of drying up. We can't expect our lads to rock up and stick 3, 4, 5 away all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.