David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
David is now a luxury player. In a team with a solid defence and midfield cover he excels by doing his usual work and finding space to play the killer pass. Currently we don't offer him that so he is just floating through the game when we need more energy to support the defence.

Foden will hunt the ball all game. Jesus, Sterling, Bernardo and Foden would press and not allow a simple passing triangle to leave the opposition a run at our exposed defenders. De Bruyne and Rodri would back that up. Burnley tried to play forwards quickly and we mopped it up. The key against City is to just suck our midfield up the pitch, play a one-two and be running forwards at our defence. United did it time and time again with ease. And we had no answer.

We have games against Leicester and Wolves where they will do this same tactic with ease. Even Arsenal and Sheffield United might manage it. Liverpool would tear us apart. The two teams at the top play on the counter and look to stretch the opposition. They like to run through the middle and pass the ball wide to runners. Our play is generally patient. Passing hasn't been crisp or accurate and in defence we don't have enough pace or energy to cover the ground and protect the back 4. It leaves us stretched. Stones' answer is to run backwards to try and allow others to cover but it is generally too late.

Foden has to come into midfield as he has the pace and energy to run up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.

Don't expect too much too soon from Foden. He's only 19. A run of 3 or 4 bad games could crucify him.
That's why Pep is reluctant to play him.
David hasn't been half as bad as some make out. Please show him the respect he deserves.
If he was that bad why isn't Pep playing Mahrez wide and Bernardo for DS? Strange that.
All change in the summer.
Not strange at all because Bernardo would play on the right of the midfield 3, which is also where De Bruyne plays. David has been poor in most games this season. And I’m being kind there. There’s no excuse for not playing Foden more often instead of Silva.

Don't expect too much too soon from Foden. He's only 19. A run of 3 or 4 bad games could crucify him.
That's why Pep is reluctant to play him.
David hasn't been half as bad as some make out. Please show him the respect he deserves.
If he was that bad why isn't Pep playing Mahrez wide and Bernardo for DS? Strange that.
All change in the summer.
There isn't a City fan alive who doesn't love the very bones of the man.
He is a true legend and in my eyes our greatest ever player.
Respect for the man will never waiver however , Pep has built the offence around him this season and it has weakened us considerably in my opinion.

I am frustrated for Foden and the fans as we need to see if he can cut it next season.

No one can replace David and he will be rightly given a hero's farewell - don't worry about that but we do need to start to move on and he should be used more sparingly from now on.
But what the hell do I know.
Thanks for posting.

Weird thing is Dave & Bernardo are on course to have their most productive seasons in terms of G&A, but their performances in general have dropped off.

In high intensity full speed games Monsieur Silva has shown a slight decrease in his otherwise excellent performances. Not sure who we replace him with because Gundi is the same. Maybe pushing Fernandinho up a bit, trusting our actual centre halves to do their job and having Rodri in there might have sorted it out on Saturday.

Maybe having a left back that you can trust might have also helped him out.

I also think the tactics didn't favour him.

One thing is for sure, he's a professional, he's still got a bit of magic left in him and will continue to do so for the rest of the season. He's not in the knackers yard just yet, though reading some of the wet blankets posts on here you would have thought that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.