David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's playing OK on the ball, but he's just not running any more. He's not dragging defenders around, he's not making runs into the box and he's not pressing and it's killing us.

I would genuinely go so far as to say it's our biggest problem right now, because the midfield press breaking down is exposing the defence, and his lack of running is really hampering us breaking teams down.

And it's sad because like I said, when it actually comes to him being on the ball, he's fine.

But he isn't good enough on the ball at the moment and the deterioration started last season. Yes he is still very difficult to take the ball of but I lost count of the number of crucial passes he failed to execute successfully and it's been a growing trend. I would have anticipated his passing would be the last thing to go but I see it as a real problem; then some might say it is the last thing to go!

His lack of pace is an issue when we have Rodri. The mix isn't quite right and Rodri is the future; Dave is rapidly becoming the past.

The league is gone so it's time for Pep to do some things differently and I think one has to be making Dave a regular on the bench.

Said it yesterday he still finds the space but now struggles to make the pass.

He has been a great, its his last season but Foden should be starting ahead of him now imo and he should influence from the bench.

Looks great on the ball as ever but he just isn’t producing anything in the final third these days. Doesn’t have the legs to press or make runs either.

Why Pep still insists on playing him 90 mins every week is baffling, we are crying out for some more legs in midfield.

We saw a glimpse on Tuesday that he could still cut it.
He must be used correctly from here on in.

Tbh, Burnley was hopeless and confirmed it yesterday vs Spurs. Everybody had a space on Tuesday and they all looked like back to 2017-18 best.

Hate to say it but d.silva has been been poor this season and doesnt look like his normal self but surely pep has to take some of the blame?? In our philosophy of pressing high, d.silva doesnt have the legs to be playing 3 times a week, if pep played d.silva once a week i think we would see a lot better silva

Hate to say it but d.silva has been been poor this season and doesnt look like his normal self but surely pep has to take some of the blame?? In our philosophy of pressing high, d.silva doesnt have the legs to be playing 3 times a week, if pep played d.silva once a week i think we would see a lot better silva
This,he played well on wed,i thought he could do 45 yesterday then phil the other half,dave is still in there,he needs careful managing,i think he has eased off as well as some of the others,they have won so much the last 2 seasons it must be difficult to start again,i do have issue with him getting all the blame though

This,he played well on wed,i thought he could do 45 yesterday then phil the other half,dave is still in there,he needs careful managing,i think he has eased off as well as some of the others,they have won so much the last 2 seasons it must be difficult to start again,i do have issue with him getting all the blame though
Exactly i love david and people saying he is finished are brain dead. Wednesday he showed hes still got it, and yesterday he showed glimpses but i think pep is over using him too much. Foden needs to start more!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.