#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's this supposed to mean? He's 19, he obviously has things to improve on. He's a better option than David Silva is right now despite those things.
You asked why he is not starting games,it's easy to say he is better than dave without knowing him like pep does

Spot on, how will he improve off the ball???? Not difficult, play him! Having said that, I’m sure if Phil was playing week in week out he’d be in the england team and play in the euros and be knackered come next season. So playing the long term game I’m sure he’ll still go to the euros but won’t be knackered so we and england will be the net beneficiaries of his current reduced game time.
Apparantly training is a similar intensity to games so he has to show it in training i assume

He's fucking brilliant isn't he?

I love his 'dont give a fuck who I'm playing against attitude'. He plays like a kid in the school playground and will waltz round anyone.

Bags of energy.

Very forward thinking.

That's exactly the impression I got 3 yrs ago v utd in that pre season friendly in States in front of 80k fans
This 16 year old kid was taking the ball up to season internationals like pogba and Herra and literally gliding last them ..as another poster said yesterday..PaulLake and Paul Gascgoine combined...two of my fav midfield players I ever had the pleasure to watch live;.both had that same inner confidence.....I'm better than you.

It's only natural to be eager to see Foden play and blossom into a great player. I'm a big Foden fan and have great expectations about him. But it doesn't justify snide comments about David Silva, Pep, and Gundogan, especially about the first two, given what they have given to this club.

Scholes made his debut for Man U shortly before turning 20. By the time Foden turns 20 he will have had over 65 appearances for City, 20 or more from which starts. That's comparable to Xavi and Iniesta who, btw, didn't compete with some of the best midfileders in the world and legends of Barca to get the nod. A little bit patience and respect to our legends won't harm anybody.

I enjoyed Foden's performance on Wednesday night. I love his energy and his skill. For this reason, I couldn't for the life of me not understand how Pep didn't think it worth it to give him half an hour in the derby when we needed a spark.

There was a sequence of play in the first half the other night when it reminded me of some of our excellent passing over the past two years, something we've seen very little of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.