Wolves - post match

You can't ignore it. We should still have been able to protect the lead with what we had.

They know the cannot win the title and a number of events have impacted the performances for the worse this season even during games.

As many have said we are a bit soft in places and give up too many soft goals to be considered a threat in the league and in Europe this season.

Time to really rejuvenate the squad in the summer and get more solid at the back.

When walker is not at it, he has the potential to be a liability. He's grand when we are on the front foot and he can bomb on. When he needs to concentrate and actually defend, he can do some daft things. He's lost a step too. His legs aren't getting him out of shit they used to
No, Walker is as fast as he ever was, it's his judgement that causes problems eg. his interception high up the pitch last weekend was too risky and actually initiated the Jamie Vardy goal.

Kompany made a great contribution but his time was up, just as David's and Fern's time is up.

But City's first XI is as good as last season and the season before.

There is still much to look forward to this season, but also much to fear. Utd will sense blood in the League Cup, however we are no mugs. We beat Leicester comprehensively and only lost tonight because of a sending off which in my opinion was an error. Ederson pulls out of the challenge. Regardless of that, the point is that this City side has been renewed and is short of cover at centre-back but providing Laporte recovers fully then we are as strong a side as ever. We can address the issue of defensive cover in the Summer.

Agree that the quality of our 1st XI is as good as last season and the one before and that Laporte is a big loss. But established features of our play which brought unparalleled success have been ‘missing’ this season, we’re not always functioning well as a team and individual performances have been inconsistent. However, I still think City will give us lots to enjoy yet before the season is finished.

They know the cannot win the title and a number of events have impacted the performances for the worse this season even during games.

As many have said we are a bit soft in places and give up too many soft goals to be considered a threat in the league and in Europe this season.

Time to really rejuvenate the squad in the summer and get more solid at the back.
I disagree. Laporte is a magic bullet. Get him back to his best we are as good as anyone.

It would not surprise me if we won the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup. Liverpool have been outstanding but I only see one weakness in our side, and that was once again apparent tonight. People are making the problems to be widespread but they simply are not. The intensity has gone from our game because the league has gone but the Cups have not. They are very much in play when we have our central defenders back.

He made a mistake. See his comment. We all saw it.

Don't get on his back about it. He knows he made a mistake.

Nobody's getting on his back, but it's in games like this that you need to cut those sort of mistakes out. Same as Sterling for their first.
It's fucking lax and is costing us.

Ederson is the best goalie in the league
Silly mistake tonight and could have been sent off last week for ludicrous challenge on Barnes in a game we were coasting. Starting to show poor judgement. Came charging out at home recently and completely missed the ball, can’t remember who it was against. Someone needs to have a word with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.