Wolves - post match

Gloating Liverpool fans might like to reflect what would happen should they lose van Dijk to injury, or Mane, or Robertson etc. There are some players where a squad has exceptional cover, for example City lost KDB and carried it, but injuries can happen to anyone. Ideally you get cover in but sometimes it's not possible. How long did it take Klopp to land VVD? Years.
I've said all along that if Liverpool had suffered the equivalent injury damage to us, they'd have been a lot more than a point behind last season. This season they'd probably still be in front, but not by much. We'll never know, but just basing this on their stars' contribution.

I've said all along that if Liverpool had suffered the equivalent injury damage to us, they'd have been a lot more than a point behind last season. This season they'd probably still be in front, but not by much. We'll never know, but just basing this on their stars' contribution.
They've lost Allison, Fabinho and Matip for significant parts of the season. They haven't had a free run at injuries.

It pains me to say it but they're just a very, very good side.

How can you not rate Ederson after last season? Yes he made an error of judgement. Every player does that, that doesn't make them a poor goalkeeper. Your comment that Ederson is a poor shot-topper is not true.
It is my opinion.

Opposition teams create very few chances against us,yet convert a ridiculous amount of those few chances in to Goals.

The defenders rightly get most of the blame.

I have seen him done on his near post a few times this season,a weakness directed at Joe Hart.

Positives are he is integral to our build up play.His distribution with the Ball in my opinion is the best in the League.These qualities are more important to us when we are firing on all Cylinders.Normally our Keeper making saves is way down the list of priorities.

Tweets don't mean much. Talk is cheap. But I like Mendy's attitude.

I have a feeling City will rotate against SHeff Utd but I really look forward to this City side proving the haters wrong this season, and lifting some silverware. It will be as good as last season because it will be done in adversity, and this is when you find out about people.

It's been a shit season. Mostly our own doing but I do think that there's no way we could have played at that level, with the same players, for three consecutive seasons.
Just stings more that it's Liverpool that's going to benefit from our lack of investment when it matters.
Not so sure that our ‘lack of investment’ as you put it, has anything to do with Liverpool taking 52 points from 18 games. One defeat in a season and a half is quite extraordinary and, if they carry on, they’ll eclipse 100 points and might well stay unbeaten all season.

Or when players are yelling at each other walking off the pitch.

This season has been a complete cluster F from the management on down.
Wait til you get to the dressing room. Agreed.

Not about the cluster fuck bit.. disagreed.

We are third, missing a world class centre back. Teams score with every shot on target. We've been fucked with var

We're in the semi final of a cup. Last 16 of the champions league.

It aint all bad

They've lost Allison, Fabinho and Matip for significant parts of the season. They haven't had a free run at injuries.

It pains me to say it but they're just a very, very good side.
Of course they are a very good side. I know they have had injuries. All sides have injuries. You didn't listen to what I said. There are some positions for which you can cover, and some for which you can not. Vet very few teams have cover for every player. Last season city lost the best player in the Premier League in de Bruyne and were unaffected by it. This season we lost the best defender in the Premier League and we have been affected by it because Stones went out too, and the cover is a player who we nearly sold in the Summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.