#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously not impressed tonight despite the 2 goals.

He had a huge job to do with Kun off and the manager asking him to lead the line and he did squat imo.

Not alone in that mind but i thought he was bobbins and at fault for their first which really turned the game.

And not for the first time this season either. Until Mendy treated us all to his latest piece of clown car defending, I thought Sterling was the worst player on the pitch. His hold up play, decision making, and most glaringly lack of effort, were atrocious

I am so frustrated with him. He finished the goal well but the substitution of KDB rendered him utterly useless.

Looking like he is mentally fatigued but with Sane out there is no chance of rotation.

His performance reminded me of school teams where the kid playing upfront thinks it’s an excuse to not run about.

Yeah lets blame the lad that scored our two goals when we lost 3-2 being a man down for 80 minutes. He wasn’t great no and missed a pass when Traore scored (wasn’y even a good chance). Don’t know why people are having problems with him taking the free kick towards the end. Was a good try and he’s shown before that he’s a decent free kick taker this close to the goal.

Let's see who is not playing well and take them out of the team for a while. Unfortunately Sterling has not been playing well for some time. His first touch is poor, passing also. Yes he scored twice, two attempts at the penalty shows he doesn't have that ability to be taking them.
He was rested for the odd game previous seasons, this season he's been overplayed.

Let's see who is not playing well and take them out of the team for a while. Unfortunately Sterling has not been playing well for some time. His first touch is poor, passing also. Yes he scored twice, two attempts at the penalty shows he doesn't have that ability to be taking them.
He was rested for the odd game previous seasons, this season he's been overplayed.
Spot on

Raheem has too much expected of him especially due to the Sane injury meaning he has played every single game. I have more of an issue with Mahrez to be honest - he has fantastic spells and then becomes too greedy and wasteful. Sterling is important to us but like all players occasionally needs another front man to take the strain. Unfortunate we had to sacrifice Sergio yesterday and Jesus with his work rate was ill. But Raheem is the least of the problems. The decline of our full backs and left centre back are the only big issues for our team. It tells us all we need to know when you'd be better off with a back four containing three midfielders than recognised defenders.

He wasn’t at his best granted but still had the guts to take the penalty twice which is something Kev, Bernie, Mahrez or Rodri clearly didn’t possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.