Should we prioritise Champions League now?

We can ‘prioritise’ the CL until the beginning of March when we will probably go out to Madrid given our defensive frailties. After that, if we’re still in it, the FA Cup is the priority and if we win it, in a historical context, this will have been a good season.

6 goals conceded against Monaco, 5 against Liverpool and 4 against Spurs

Maybe we're slowly getting there.....

Seriously though we need to stop being so open in the competition

For me, if we're really not signing anyone in the Winter window - makes sense from a financial perspective given that Winter window talent is scarce and overpriced - we really ought to prioritize finishing top 4 in the P/L. On current form, this is far from assured. As far as the C/L is concerned - we're far to fragile on defense - any competent opposing manager will play balls over the top of Otters/Laporte putting us at huge risk of conceding simple goals.

We can ‘prioritise’ the CL until the beginning of March when we will probably go out to Madrid given our defensive frailties. After that, if we’re still in it, the FA Cup is the priority and if we win it, in a historical context, this will have been a good season.

If Laporte is back by then and up to full fitness, things will look different. At the moment, the team is a mess defensively. But having your best defender there gives the entire defense a different look.

God, you do talk some shite.

The only way to salvage this season in the eyes of every other football fan (not some city fans), manager, footballer, owner, commentator, press twats would be to lift the Champions league, the same thing that Liverpool did last season, hell they even got praise for reaching the final despite being miles behind us in the league.

I can't stand the Chumps league but my thoughts don't matter, players, managers and owners think different, again this is why Klopp blew off both domestic cups to make himself the hero by going balls deep to win the champions league.

We won everything domestically last season and not a fucking single person gave any credit for it, easy teams in the cup blah blah blah.

Fourth and the champs league would mean the 4th being glossed over but we will not finish fourth the other teams are fucking rubbish really, we will finish second or at worst third behind Leicester but I can easily see them dropping away after being humped twice this week.

I think you’ll find you do. I despise the way wankers like you speak to other fans. I’ve had abuse off you before, haven’t I?

Our manager is incapable of winning the Champions League given recent attempts. He’s not even made a semi final with City. Three tries with Bayern Munich and now a fourth here.

No defence of the title and two domestic cups over trying to win a notoriously difficult competition? Yet I talk “some shite”?!

I’d like to make a bet with you that City don’t win the CL this season. £100. Up for it?

If spurs got to the final last year, there’s hope for everyone
Which devalues the “achievement” and makes the prioritisation of a devalued, possibly rigged tournament not a path we should be going down. Finishing as high as we can in the league and giving it our best shot in the league cup should be our priorities

I think you’ll find you do. I despise the way wankers like you speak to other fans. I’ve had abuse off you before, haven’t I?

Our manager is incapable of winning the Champions League given recent attempts. He’s not even made a semi final with City. Three tries with Bayern Munich and now a fourth here.

No defence of the title and two domestic cups over trying to win a notoriously difficult competition? Yet I talk “some shite”?!

I’d like to make a bet with you that City don’t win the CL this season. £100. Up for it?

The bookies are offering 5/1 so you’d get £600 back instead of a straight ton offer him 5/1 that would be fair:)

6 goals conceded against Monaco, 5 against Liverpool and 4 against Spurs

Maybe we're slowly getting there.....

Seriously though we need to stop being so open in the competition

Perversely it wasn’t being open that cost us last year it was being too conservative in the away leg against a bang average team when an away goal or 2 was essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.