Port Vale (H) - FA Cup 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Gates are up everywhere so the song could probably be sung to most clubs to be fair.

I dont doubt there are a fair few still going from back when we were actually shite, there will be an awful lot who do not...for many reasons,

City have some of the highest ratings of people going 25+ plus. So the chants of “where were you...” are totally ridiculous at such a club.

PEP We are in the next round of the #FACup after an incredible amount of games. We played seriously. First half we struggled a bit but second half was better. I think in general the team was OK.

Well @bellis_taylor, when he’s played this season he’s played really well. Of course, he’s young. He’s already scored for us, it was a bit of a weird goal, but it’s a goal. It’s important he plays at a good level. Eric and Taylor are young, but they play more than well.

PEP Young players have to not talk too much, listen and learn. They have to learn. The future is in their hands. The privilege for us has to be in this club and play minutes with this team.

Of course it’s important with Taylor and Phil. And Tommy. He played in the Carabao Cup and played a few minutes today. It’s not because they are English, it’s because they are good players. We don’t give presents. What we have seen so far, they have the quality to help.

It was a pleasure. I saw the manager and the sporting director. It’s nice for us to host these clubs and for their players to realise we are the same. We play at a different level but dreams are dreams.

ENdnklyU4AAgwEU.jpg

It does seem that those cheeky pottery dwelling folk have got under your skin somewhat. I really dont get this common syndrome of seeing ones arse when the opposition fans start singing where were you when you were shit?

In fairness they might have a point as many of us who did actually used to follow home and away have been driven from the game so i myself would question how many of the 52k there this evening were watching when we were in fact quite spectacularly shit.
Excellent post and bang on the button.

When Port Vale best us at Maine rd boxing day mid 90s I bet our crowd was half the figure today.
It was Vales day out,they enjoyed themselves and more importantly have increased income from the gate receipts ..which help keep their club alive ..after What they have been through with dreadful mismanagement over the years how anyone can get upset at their fans banter on fa cup 3rd round day beats me...
We are in a unique position due to our owners-a little less arrogance from our our fans shown towards a an away crowd celebrating the fact that their club is still alive (remember when we had to sell SWP to Chelsea to prevent us from folding??)would be more appropriate, imo.

I will never slag our players off but some after a few years u just no are not going to cut it and im affraid thats MY opinion on stones now he was the senior defender out there today and when vale scored we had 7 back and a keeper against 3 vale forwards but they scored thats just not good enough. Plus sides a like the look of wing backs and gundogan AGAIN showed his class playmaking from deep foden gets more and more confident by the game good mins into dave and sergios legs and looks like no injuries and good rest for alot before hopefully we put that shower back in there place tuesday.
I cant see how you can blame Stones for the goal.

Good performance and port vale fans are absolute nobs.
Never met a bunch of idiotic vile and ugly fans in my life.

Excellent post and bang on the button.

When Port Vale best us at Maine rd boxing day mid 90s I bet our crowd was half the figure today.
It was Vales day out,they enjoyed themselves and more importantly have increased income from the gate receipts ..which help keep their club alive ..after What they have been through with dreadful mismanagement over the years how anyone can get upset at their fans banter on fa cup 3rd round day beats me...
We are in a unique position due to our owners-a little less arrogance from our our fans shown towards a an away crowd celebrating the fact that their club is still alive (remember when we had to sell SWP to Chelsea to prevent us from folding??)would be more appropriate, imo.
I don't mind crowd banter, City fans should have retaliated by singing where are you at Vale Park ..... Cheeky ****s :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.