Is it time to say goodbye

Eating , drinking ,going to the loo and a little walk a couple of times a day.
If she is coping with that then there should be plenty of life left in her yet.

You will know when the time is right.

Keep on keeping on.

If she is eating and drinking pal and managing to exercise a bit then she should be given every chance. vet will tell you if she is in pain or not and if its time.

You will know when she has had enough.

All the best.

spooky

You never want your pet in pain and that is the first driving force behind any decision be it the vet or yourself. If it cant be managed then its time.

Dogs like Humans get old and slow down but just because they are slow it doesnt mean they are not enjoying their lives and if they eat and drink no issues and can manage even a 5 minute walk a day to toilet normally then all is good as far as i am concerned. If they want to become lazy and couch potato then so be it, after that many years they have earned the right so get on the couch with them and cuddle away.

Cheers mate. No she won’t be going through any treatment etc to relieve my own worry. She woke us up again last night to go outside, such a good girl! No accidents last night but I did sleep downstairs with her after she went out.

I’ll see what the Vet says today. She’s had breakfast and drinking m.
Wish you all the best mate. I had a couple of times when my 3 legger looked ready to go, only for her to rally and live to fight another day. If yours is eating and going loo as normal then that's a good sign.
It's fucking horrible when the time comes but doing the right thing will be a comfort in the future. Good luck mate.

I spent 18 months getting up every 2.5 hours in the night to let my old lurcher out for a wee. It was worth it. When I got her (as a rescue) I promised I’d give her everything until one of us went.

Cheers mate. No she won’t be going through any treatment etc to relieve my own worry. She woke us up again last night to go outside, such a good girl! No accidents last night but I did sleep downstairs with her after she went out.

I’ll see what the Vet says today. She’s had breakfast and drinking m.
Sounds like it's not her time yet, good. Maybe she's not as energetic as she used to be but everyone slows down with age, including people. Hope the vet finds she's ok.

Went through the same a year ago with our 14 year old English Springer, called Goater. Hardest decision to make. You will know yourself when it needs making as you know her best.

Our oldest girl now, Berry, is almost 15. Sleeps about 18 hours a day, struggles getting up at times (Yumove joint aid tablets have helped her enormously!) and had two strokes in the past, which leaves her balance off at times. Mostly deaf, and beyond a couple of feet can only see shadows apparently. But she still has the desire to want to come to the park, even if I now have to drive her to it, where she plods around happily. She spent the first six years of her life in a shed, on a puppy farm having god only knows how many litters, which has also meant at times she does 'leak'. But we cope easily with using special dog pants, (from Amazon) which hold her pull up Aldi nappy pants in place (Hole cut out for her tail, lol) Hey, we love her, it's the least we can do! :D

She missed Goater so much, but loves playing Granny to the two youngsters we got, Pep and Daisy. (All ES rescues) But we see how tired she is getting, and we know what is going to happen, and the decision will need to make in the likely not too distant future again ....

If folk have any dogs suffering from joint problems then maybe question buying Synoquin from your vet at extortionate prices.

3Ch86Tv.jpg

Our vet says...
"Large dogs often need additional nutritional support for their joints. We hear from our customers that Synoquin gives their dogs a “new lease of life” which is great to hear!

Our Rottie was struggling and the vet put him on these for 9 months at £75 a tub. I think we got 60 tabs for that but cant remember exactly. Anyway the Synoquin was helping a little but eventually nature took it's course and every time he cocked his leg for a jimmy he would nearly fall over. We knew it was time to say goodbye and after he said adios to our kids and grand-kids we took him for his last day out. We went to the lake and park where he had full roast chicken and a block of extra mature cheddar and a bottle of Steri which was his favourite and then we took him inside. Very upsetting affair but we stayed with him to the end. Anyway I digress because in our opinion Synoquin is an overpriced con trick. Around three months after I was cleaning out his drawer I came across a bottle absorbing the small print and it's active ingredients were Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Well me and the wife we taking these for joint pain from Asda at £6 a bottle so I rang the vet up and asked if this was the same gear our Rottie was taking and he said it was. So market it as Synoquin and fill your boots with the obscene profits. A dog lover will pay anything to make their hound better so we felt like they had taken advantage of us in our hour of need. The general consensus on dosage was around 500 mg of Glucosamine and 400 mg of chondroitin per 25 pounds. Anyway if your dog is suffering joint pain then Glucosime and Chondroitin may help. Always ask your veterinary clinic first before offering any supplements to your pet. I hope Tiny's pal gets a second wind and best of luck to her.

Laid on his mam's lap trying to chill with his conected thorn in his side Rexie Mcfee.

bufs1Mj.jpg

His last morning and still in protection mode but looking ever so tired now.

d5V2fiY.jpg

Mcfee knew the score as he came to lie down beside him for the last time. I have no idea how they know but they just do.

3Sd4cl4.jpg

We never had any more dogs after this as we found the ordeal intense but with hindsight we should have gone right back out for another but he would have been very hard to replace even if he was from Birkenhead. A quite disposition and gentle soul unlike that mad highlander from Scotland that suffered greatly from little man syndrome!

Rotties are beautiful mild mannered dogs.my missus had one when we first met but unfortunately got cancer in his front leg and it spread.We had similar problems with our vet when our cat developed a limp and they said it could be arthritis and prescribed similarly expensive glucosamine based tablets only for 12 months later told us it was FPH a fast acting cancer and the prognosis was not good.4 years later and every booster I ask how his cancer is and they quickly change the subject.one junior vet accidentally said they thought he had been misdiagnosed .They are all money grabbing charlatans

Rotties are beautiful mild mannered dogs.my missus had one when we first met but unfortunately got cancer in his front leg and it spread.We had similar problems with our vet when our cat developed a limp and they said it could be arthritis and prescribed similarly expensive glucosamine based tablets only for 12 months later told us it was FPH a fast acting cancer and the prognosis was not good.4 years later and every booster I ask how his cancer is and they quickly change the subject.one junior vet accidentally said they thought he had been misdiagnosed .They are all money grabbing charlatans
Vets prices are the new scandal that needs investigating,if silva needs anything i get it for half the price on amazon.she recently jumped off the bed with an ouch and couldn't walk on one of her legs for a while,the vets said she has athritis,i said she is only 7 and is usually sprinting around the house at midnight having her nightly mad 5 minutes as cats do,she said she needed to be on anti-imflammatories every day from now on,i gave it to her for a couple of weeks then stopped it to see how she was and she was back tearing around again,clearly just had an injury,they know responsible owners will do everything they can so fleece them,i've had to use the night vet a few times and it's £95 just to get through the door and treatment on top,it's such a rip off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.