Is it time to say goodbye

Vets prices are the new scandal that needs investigating,if silva needs anything i get it for half the price on amazon.she recently jumped off the bed with an ouch and couldn't walk on one of her legs for a while,the vets said she has athritis,i said she is only 7 and is usually sprinting around the house at midnight having her nightly mad 5 minutes as cats do,she said she needed to be on anti-imflammatories every day from now on,i gave it to her for a couple of weeks then stopped it to see how she was and she was back tearing around again,clearly just had an injury,they know responsible owners will do everything they can so fleece them,i've had to use the night vet a few times and it's £95 just to get through the door and treatment on top,it's such a rip off
I wouldn’t like to say vets are all (or even mostly) unscrupulous but they certainly know how to charge. Our local emergency vet service costs £200 to get through the door. All treatment and medicine costs are on top.

I buy routine meds - flea and worming - from a reputable online company.

I wouldn’t like to say vets are all (or even mostly) unscrupulous but they certainly know how to charge. Our local emergency vet service costs £200 to get through the door. All treatment and medicine costs are on top.

I buy routine meds - flea and worming - from a reputable online company.
£200 ! fucking hell,there is no excuse for that

Vet ruled that she was unsure what Tia had wrong but it seems bug like. Said she isn’t concerned as long as she isn’t whimpering, off her food and water and refuses to go out. Shes still staying with us downstairs and apparently if dogs are suffering they’ll hide away? Or take themselves away on their own.

Been told to keep doing what I’m doing, keeping an eye on her and recognise any changes. No drugs, nothing to take away.

She seems a little more herself this morning, only a little mind. She woke us again last night at 2:30am to go outside which was still very diarrhoea like, but she went back to bed after that and was okay this morning when I got up for 6:45am.

Going to leave the walk for a bit today and see how she gets on.

Sorry to your Dog TINY, but if she is suffering you are better off putting herself to sleep. Similar situation happened to my Cat (Alfie) , a couple of years ago who was really suffering with bad seizures for a good few months.
Cheers pal, if she’s suffering then we’ll make the right decision for her, not us trust me. Right now she seems a little down, but comfortable

On Vet fees, I agree wholeheartedly. They make me feel very uncomfortable as the profit margin is crazy, taking advantage of anyone when they’re in the mind frame of desperation is plain wrong.

Vet fees are largely unregulated, which needs to change immediately.

We breed smooth haired miniature Dachshunds so a vets bill is never too far away.

I have learnt to be straight with our vet and not take any shit form them and we now have a relationship in which they know not to take the piss because i am knowledgeable about the breed, my dogs health in general and they know i can self medicate because i will if they feel they can take the piss insist on a prescription so i can buy the drugs needed online.

Routine flea and wormer is less than half the price online for the same stuff the vet and his drug reps want to force on you. Lepto 2 and lepto 4 jabs are useless in this country and last about 3 months effectively yet the vet will want you to pay for them yearly even though its a bacterial disease of which there are over 50 types and its only prevalent in hot sub tropical climates in which the dog in is contact with rat piss and shit. the 2 and 4 is just 2 variant, 4 is not safe for small breed dogs and you are wasting your money with potential deadly effects on your dog that didn't need it anyway.

learn your breed, google is your friend and insist on the best deal from your vet and if he wants £50 for a treatment you can buy with a prescription online for £20 tell them to fuck off it is that simple.

Our dog who is 8, out of the blue this year started suffering from really bad episodes of diarrhoea. She was up in the night every 45 mins really straining and not happy. This lasted about 3-5 days then she’d get better but this happened every 2 to 3 weeks for about 4 month! It’s was exhausting. Loads of tests and money spent at the vets, they eventually diagnosed colitis. We’ve had to completely change her diet and she ONLY has kibble dog food, zero treats (except for kibble) and she’s been right as rain for about 4 months now. Don’t know what triggered it, but thankfully she seems to be over it.

Our dog who is 8, out of the blue this year started suffering from really bad episodes of diarrhoea. She was up in the night every 45 mins really straining and not happy. This lasted about 3-5 days then she’d get better but this happened every 2 to 3 weeks for about 4 month! It’s was exhausting. Loads of tests and money spent at the vets, they eventually diagnosed colitis. We’ve had to completely change her diet and she ONLY has kibble dog food, zero treats (except for kibble) and she’s been right as rain for about 4 months now. Don’t know what triggered it, but thankfully she seems to be over it.

Little bit of cooked pumpkin is good for hardening up soft stools.

Always feed grain free kibble as well imo as its just a filler and does nothing for the dog at all.

Vet ruled that she was unsure what Tia had wrong but it seems bug like. Said she isn’t concerned as long as she isn’t whimpering, off her food and water and refuses to go out. Shes still staying with us downstairs and apparently if dogs are suffering they’ll hide away? Or take themselves away on their own.

Been told to keep doing what I’m doing, keeping an eye on her and recognise any changes. No drugs, nothing to take away.

She seems a little more herself this morning, only a little mind. She woke us again last night at 2:30am to go outside which was still very diarrhoea like, but she went back to bed after that and was okay this morning when I got up for 6:45am.

Considering the amount of bugs us humans are catching at this time of year it doesn't seem unlikely that dogs could get something as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for you mate

You’ll know when the time has come mate. Dogs are pack animals and it sounds like she’s still getting pleasure/comfort from your company.

Our dog has taken to going into the kitchen and barking for us to go with her. The other night I thought she wanted to go out when she barked. I went into the kitchen and opened the back door and she hid under the table. Didn’t want to go out, just didn’t want to be on her own.

When I went back in the living room Rashford had made it 3-1.

Bastard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.