Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand why anyone gives a shit how "big" their club is (or indeed know what barometer they're using). Needless to say, it tends to be Liverpool and United fans who obsess about it more than any others.
It’s pitiful that people think it’s important, and worse, is something to lord over others. How fucking insecure do you need to be to do that?

The barometers Liverpool supporters use is success from 1965 to 1990 btw.

Talking of which, the Heysel thread on RAWK makes interesting reading if you’ve got a spare four minutes (to read it in its entirety). I expect you’ll need much longer to find it mind, as it’s not been bumped for a few years I’ll hazard.
Bruce Grobbelaar was a guest at the Icelandic Liverpool cult party few years back.
He then was at a radio station talking about is Liverpool carrier and was asked about the Heysel and he said that some Chelsea fans started it I shit you not.

Bruce Grobbelaar was a guest at the Icelandic Liverpool cult party few years back.
He then was at a radio station talking about is Liverpool carrier and was asked about the Heysel and he said that some Chelsea fans started it I shit you not.
They’ve got carriers now?!! Must be a bid for world domination... wait til they have a nuclear weapon! ;)

Is this what you think happened or are you saying that this is Liverpool version.
Certainly that is Peter Robinson’s version and by extension, I presume, the club’s. Nowhere in that article does it acknowledge the causal link between the tragedy and the truculence of a significant number of Liverpool fans. I know a little about this event and some of the points he raises are worthwhile, in terms of ticketing and the state of the stadium, both of which were below-par by the standards of the time; however, for me, that is all lost in a fog of denial.

I wonder what the purpose of that article was, when it was published in 2013. I’ll wager the club will have been behind it.

Last edited:
That article by Robinson left me feeling disgusted. It's literally 'never our fault' blaming anybody but their own part, especially the mystery Cockneys.

I find it strange that he happened to have tje club solicitor with him in the aftermath. Any ideas, Gordon?
That will have simply been prudence on his part. That part of the article displays a sense of someone doing his job well tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.