Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are capable of winning the League Cup again , FA Cup will again be luck of the draw , i we can get Laporte and Sane fit for the Real game we will have every chance of progressing , and with the odd refereeing decision going our way , we can win the Champs league . But when you are putting all your eggs in the cup competitions , you need a slice of luck.

This is exactly what most of the City hating media and pundits want to achieve and especially more-so since one of the old guard in liverpool are challenging again.

They are consistently belittling our fan base by putting ex-united and ex-liverpool players on all our games, and in football in general as they see this as the rise of the old established order

We just need to counter this with the facts - nothing more, nothing less.

We are the most dominant team of the last decade and have won countless domestic trophies....the one that has eluded us still is the CL. And regardless whether you hate it or not, as a club we do have to win it

The press/media/pundits always fall back to this old adage of no team can dominate for more than x years - they dont want it to happen

Thats the truth. Because if we start to look at what we have achieved since Mansour took over then it is a probability that Manchester City could one day become the most succesfull domestic club in English football in the future - that is something the old clubs who feel it is their divine right to stay on their perches and lauded by all are afraid of

I will be honest, all the negative shite thrown our way has effected myself this season.....but you know what, I started to think hold on, our club is in fantastic shape with the best manager of his generation at the helm. We have broken multiple records and achieved huge success defying what most said we would never achieve

We have much to celebrate and you know what we should. This season is a blip. We will come back stronger next season

Dont let these fuckers win, by them constantly trying to put a damper on things

Celebrate what we have achieved and sit well that we are here to stay forever

Spot on

Next 4 months?

Win 2 out of the 3 cup competitions?
Beat Liverpool to end their unbeaten season?
Break some more individual records?
Beat our total goals in a season (all comps) record - what are we on so far btw??
Extension to Pep's contract?

That would do nicely for me :)

Next 4 months?

Beat our total goals in a season (all comps) record - what are we on so far btw??

We are on 95 goals now in all compets. We need to score another 74 to break the record from last season. In order to do it, we need to play 28-30 games, that is to reach at least the final and semis of the CL and the FA Cup. Difficult but not impossible.

Let's hope we will play our best football in the final months of the season. This team is capable of playing at an even higher level than we have seen the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Win both domestic cups
Beat Real Madrid and go as far as possible in the CL
Beat Liverpool to stop them doing an invincible season
Aguero to win the golden boot

Totally agree but with our defence I have to say I don't have a lot of confidence.
Get Laporte back and firing. Play the best team in the CL. That means no Silva, No Gundogan, probably no Sterling at the moment. If we put out a team that can harass and press then the defence doesnt get exposed as much. We can go far.

Do you reside in some parallel universe?
Liverpool have had far more injuries than City. The difference is that our injuries have hit key players for whom we don't have cover. The most significant being the injuries to Laporte and Stones at the same time. Liverpool have been fortunate that their key players who they would struggle to do without have largely stayed fit. Salah had an ankle problem but was able to play through it.

Next 4 months?

League Cup and FA Cups are possibles.

The Champions League will be very difficult. The Real Madrid tie is going to be difficult. I don't rate our chances in that as more than 50/50.

Everyone knows City's main problem this season and I'm hopeful that Laporte's return will address it but Mendy took a couple of months to approach good form. There isn't much time for laporte to settle back in and he could well get a few injury niggles in his opening games. We'll have to be very careful not to overplay him when he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.