Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

His arm was outstretched though! If it hit his foot and rebounded onto his hand, whilst on the goaline, preventing a goal... it’s not a penalty? Of course it is... All of a sudden, we have VAR overruling the referee. The ref gave the pen, so he should have reviewed it himself, at the touch line.

its the rule that is the issue - by the law of the game it seems to be the right decision - whether the law is correct or not is very debatable but i seem to remember Micah Richards falling foul of this years back in a cup game where a he blokced a shot or something like that, it hits his foot/thigh and bounces up and hits his arm - the ref gave a penalty and everyone was up in arms....

Sadly I dont see us winning the Champions League with Pep.

His inability to be pragmatic in Europe was his undoing at Bayern Munich in the Champions League.And so far has been his undoing with us.

3 campaigns in the Champions League have all been undermined by Pep inability to be pragmatic/defensive when needed.The suicide at Monaco away when we neither attacked or defended.And lost a healthy home leg advantage.That first leg at Liverpool the following season was another example of Pep shortcomings in Europe,conceding those goals by refusing to change our style.A gallant display in the second leg was not enough.The damage was done in the first Leg..

Last season we should have been European Champions.Yet again Pep inexplicably left our best player out the first leg.

This season minus Vinny and with La Porte injury we have been conceding to nearly every counter attack from shite teams like Wolves,Crystal Palace,Norwich,Newcastle.

Anyone who thinks we stand a chance in Europe with our defense is deluded.

We’ll finish second, no danger.
It was perfect because we were always going to have a lot of the ball and the only way we drop points was going to be our own errors - like always, regardless of starting line up.
We were better than them all over the pitch and deserved to win the game.
We didn’t, shit happens.

I agree on everything you say (and hope we finish second) - I just feel (at times on vary rare ocasions) that Pep, if he was a bit more cautionary would win some of the really awkward games - scousers, champs league games etc -we still have enough to beatmost teams but playing a bit more defensively every now and again would give us more opporintuy of beating those teams (and Im not suggesting for one moment we start parking the bus etc - but our fullbacks are always so high up the pitch that any one can play a simple ball into the channel for a pacey forward to run onto and its one vs one...wolves, Scousers, today - i thinkits KDB that loses the ball but Cancello is so far forward that stones has to come over to cover one vs one against Zaha - not ideal for any central defender -we had just got it to 2-1 - 7 mins left and all he has to do is say to both fullbacks - right now hold you rpositions and stop bombing forward.

We are in a peruod of uncertainty and that is obvious on the pitch. Teams are cyclical by nature and the feeling is we haven't kept up this season after all we achieved last season and probably becauee of it. How do you break up a squad that won everything? Point is that wad the exact time to do it and we didnt

I just wish we could take corners, every game we average around 10 corners all resulting in shit,.palace.today 1 corner 1 goal,.spurs at home corner goal, we have seriously lost or drew to shit teams this season, but all the blinkers claim var fault, Liverpool are lucky and on and on, no one can admit we have been shit

Watched the highlights and a couple of decent shouts for a penalty (as well as the obvious one not given). Again it doesn't give us a complete excuse of dropping two points (Kev did hit the woodwork earlier on and a few chances to take the game out of the officials hands) but we don't seem to get many get out of jail free cards, that our rivals receive when needed.

Watched the highlights and a couple of decent shouts for a penalty (as well as the obvious one not given). Again it doesn't give us a complete excuse of dropping two points (Kev did hit the woodwork earlier on and a few chances to take the game out of the officials hands) but we don't seem to get many get out of jail free cards, that our rivals receive when needed.
Nobody's fault today but our own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.