Away fans in home end again

Dortmund’s matchday revenue may be similar to us but they get 80k attendances suggesting that their average price must be a lot lower than ours. Biggest issue is how away fans get tickets in the home end. Who is supplying them and why aren’t people being ejected. Why is it getting worse and what are the club doing about it

For information, Dortmund’s fantastic support including the Yellow Wall is underpinned by those dreaded Supporters Club Branches that flourish across their region. Supporters Groups pack coaches with crates of beer and made a good day out of going to home games. If only we would have thought of that.

Has anybody actually contacted the club about this? If they are passing on large numbers of tickets to agency's they need to be made aware, that those responsible will be held to account for any serious disorder that may be instigated by away supporter's using these tickets.

Colin Bell L3 has what are essentially blocks for away fans for years in the CL[/QUOTE
My daughter has been moved from Row U
block 303 to accommodate 3rd class UEFA dignitaries / Madrid supporters. Also some in 304. So maybe 300 away supporters in city fan area !
So yes, East Stand, level 3 is becoming an area for away fans with the club blessing.
Think the only reason it’s put there is that it’s close to the UEFA corporate tent they erect in car park!

Last edited:
For information, Dortmund’s fantastic support including the Yellow Wall is underpinned by those dreaded Supporters Club Branches that flourish across their region. Supporters Groups pack coaches with crates of beer and made a good day out of going to home games. If only we would have thought of that.
I suspect lower prices and safe standing also contributes to 80k crowds. It’s not exactly as if they have won multiple trophies and their fans can be accused of glory hunting

block 303 to accommodate 3rd class UEFA dignitaries / Madrid supporters. Also some in 304. So maybe 300 away supporters in city fan area !
So yes, East Stand, level 3 is becoming an area for away fans with the club blessing.
Think the only reason it’s put there is that it’s close to the UEFA corporate tent they erect in car park!

Has anybody actually contacted the club about this? If they are passing on large numbers of tickets to agency's they need to be made aware, that those responsible will be held to account for any serious disorder that may be instigated by away supporter's using these tickets.

Getting the impression that the club couldn't give a flying fuck so long as they sell the tickets, but I could be wrong.

Isn’t that one of the things the City Matters reps are supposed to be doing? Bringing this sort of thing to the notice of the club.

To be fair it isn’t with the club’s blessing, it’s a UEFA directive they have to comply with. We have away fans next to us in 229 which is fine when it’s teams that hardly bring any support but it’s stupid when the likes of Celtic, Dipperpool etc are in there. I don’t understand such a directive when the normal away end is empty why we have to give them these seats. Never seem to go on sale for us so who gets these seats when we go away.

Wouldnt the stewards report back to the club as they have to try and deal with it ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.