Sheff Utd post match thread

Besic has form for this, he injured Aguero a few years ago when he played for Everton. His snidey wink after committing the foul told you everything about his intent.

What I did find slightly worrying was that not one of our players kicked off about it and no one confronted besic, it was enough to warrant a ten man brawl. It reminded me of years ago when all our players just stood there and watched Keane try to break Haalands leg and then abuse him whilst lying on the floor.
That is worrying......not good.
And i do remember that derby match,i was there.and your right..no City player said a word to Keane.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but did anyone see how far Henderson was off his line for the penalty.

I am in no way disguising the fact it was a terrible pen but we seem to have forgotten the rules that were so stringently enforced at the start of the season again. Its like i am watching the game every weekend but its been played by different rules each and every time. The game has completely gone, commentators didnt bat and eye lid referee runs off with his shiny egg head and the lino looks like its the first game of football he has ever witnessed.

I am completely and utterly lost with it now.

I think he used to take their free kicks just outside the box as well. They weren't all penalties.
Yep. After Ederson has conquered the world of penalties: the next stage will be take a free-kick in City’s third CL final and win it...

You can't believe the mentality of a **** like Besic making that tackle on Laporte. I saw some reports saying it was mistimed, bollocks to that, he knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted to put Eric out for several more months.
Why didn't var look at that one then?
It was premeditated, if I remember correctly Eric had just taken the ball off Besic with a slide tackle on the touchline. Perfectly legitimately but Besic took offence and within seconds had dished out his retribution. The intention was to hurt Eric so a red should have followed.

I know. My belief has never been more beggared.

VAR is in the game to stop this sort of thing ? or so they all told us all
its simple that VAR is against manchester city and will fuck us over when they want, also some dodgy dirty late tackles and the one on laporte is a red card all day long
lee mason hate's manchester city you can see it in everything he does, and turns a blind eye to a point he is putting the players at risk and laporte could have easy been put out of the game again for even long than his last injury and city should report him

Last edited:
agreed, very tough game and we most of the time controlled it, hardly a shot at our goal away from home against a very good team has to be applauded.

Felt as though the team connected well and apart from sterling and jesus the rest where worthy of 7-8 out of 10. I was worried about walker playing it being his beloved team, but he put in a good professional shift so fair play to him.

Thought sheffield where all out dirty bastards, don't mind physical but how we came out with no broken bones was a miracle, commentators on tv seemed to back up how they played !

LaPorte, outstanding first game back, knew we missed him but what a figure he was on the pitch. Rodri was solid and tough, Fern typical tough shift in to.

Mahrez, totally out played sterling & jesus, played another great game. Linked up well with midfield and was a worry for their defence.

KDB magic, Zinchenko slipped up a few times but tried hard for 90 mins, Otamendi looked a lot better with somebody decent at his side, shame his over head kick didn't go in, Tueart would have been proud of that !
Great summary.

Besic has form for this, he injured Aguero a few years ago when he played for Everton. His snidey wink after committing the foul told you everything about his intent.

What I did find slightly worrying was that not one of our players kicked off about it and no one confronted besic, it was enough to warrant a ten man brawl. It reminded me of years ago when all our players just stood there and watched Keane try to break Haalands leg and then abuse him whilst lying on the floor.
Yep, we're a very nice team, no hard men at all in the squad. Laporte showed a bit of anger last night though.

Was it straight afterwards or are you including the HT & after match waffle? I genuinely only saw one immediate brief replay at full speed at fully side on, the commentators seemed to move on quickly. One of them mentioned something about "off his line" but didn't expand much and then, when there was a "to do" involving Pep shortly after, they didn't mention perhaps that was the reason.

They definitely showed it at half time and after the game (glossed over it in the post match analysis of course).

I’m pretty sure they showed the replays after it had been saved and Jenas made some inane comment about it not mattering that much.

At the end of the day, it was a shit penalty that we don’t need to dwell on now as we won, but it got pulses raising at the time!

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but did anyone see how far Henderson was off his line for the penalty.

I am in no way disguising the fact it was a terrible pen but we seem to have forgotten the rules that were so stringently enforced at the start of the season again. Its like i am watching the game every weekend but its been played by different rules each and every time. The game has completely gone, commentators didnt bat and eye lid referee runs off with his shiny egg head and the lino looks like its the first game of football he has ever witnessed.

I am completely and utterly lost with it now.

I am equally confused. The interpretation of the rules varies on what seems like a weekly basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.