Life

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I get to 50. My 20’s and 30’s were spent with pretty unsavoury people in a pretty dark world.
I expect it to come back and bite me on my arse one day.

It's unbearably cruel at times.

Found out about 06:30 this morning that a good friend of mine lost their 2 year old daughter yesterday afternoon.

I cannot even begin to imagine their worst nightmare.

I don't recall the last time tears rolled down my face it's been that long. This news hit me like a sledgehammer. I struggled to concentrate in work this morning.

Life - it's wonderful yet unspeakably tragic in equal measure.

Found out about 06:30 this morning that a good friend of mine lost their 2 year old daughter yesterday afternoon.

I don't recall the last time tears rolled down my face it's been that long. This news hit me like a sledgehammer. I struggled to concentrate in work this morning.

Sad news. You can never take it for granted.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
You shuffle in gloom of the sickroom
And talk to yourself as you die.
Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

That’s fucking awful and puts a lot into perspective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.